Chapter 19

Andorra found Xander quicker then she had expected to. He was in a cheap motel on the edge of town. Andorra expected him to be mad at her, or to want to kill her. However, he simply looked hurt. He invited her into his motel room and they quietly sat. “I never meant to hurt you,” Andorra finally admitted. Xander looked up at her and her silvery blue eyes. He’d never seen anything more magnificent in all his years of being a recycled spirit. No one ever held a candle to Andorra.

“I know,” he said looking helplessly into her eyes. Andorra hated the adoring look he was giving her. She hurt him so badly, yet he still loved her. She’d never done anything to Artemis or Athena and they hated her.

“I can fix this. I can give you your old life bac”-

“You’ve figured out how to turn back time?” Xander asked smiling his warming smile.

“Sorry, I haven’t?” she smiled back at him.

“Well, I don’t want a life without you in it. I am what I am, and I get to spend eternity with you. I want this…I want you,” he said looking at Andorra.

Andorra felt the room closing in on her. She had loved Xander all her life. She gave up her freedom and safety to be with him, and now… Now Stefan made her feel things she hadn’t in eons. “Xander”-

“You love him,” Xander accused.

“Xander”-

“We promised each other forever and I know your heart is still mine. I can see it in your eyes,” Xander said walking to her and wiping a tear from the corner of her eye.

“I can’t take your happiness. You’ve been so happy without me. You deserve that. You deserve a thousand lifetimes of happiness,” she cried. Xander knew she was trying to say goodbye, but he wasn’t leaving without a fight. No commoner was going to come and take his love away, not after everything they’ve been through.

“I’m not saying goodbye. I love you far too much to loss you to him,” he yelled.

Andorra knew certain qualities became amplified in vampires and Alexander’s determination had increased tenfold. “You’re not losing me to anyone. I’m just tired of you suffering for me, and having to save me. I need to help myself this time, and I need to do it alone,” she said as she held his gorgeous face in her hands. Andorra wasn’t going to let him sacrifice for her anymore. Not ever again.

“I’m not leaving you and that is final,” he ordered her. “You once said you’d give me the world if I asked it of you, and all I ask is that you give me a chance to show you that what we had is still alive?” he asked.

“If they kill you while you’re like this you’ll never comeback to me,” she cried.

“You’ll never loss me,” Xander said as he held Andorra.

~Ancient Macedon, Greece 340 BC~

Alexander rode through the woods to his favorite spot at a small stream. This allowed him somewhere to leave his stallion Bucephalus. As Alexander led Bucephalus to the tiny oasis he heard the most wonderful voice ever. He left his horse at the stream with the promise of his return, and then Xander set off to find the singer.

Alexander walked through the dense wood to the meadow Bucephalus loved to graze in. Sitting on a rock in the middle of the field was a young maiden. Her dark skin cautioned him that she wasn’t from these parts, but her Greek was more divine then anyone he could name. Alexander watched her play her lyre and he listen to her sang. Surely, he was dreaming, because her beauty could put Aphrodite to shame. Being his father’s son Xander needed to have her.