Chapter 8:

(Edward's POV:)

Charlotte was right when she said I liked the name she called me. Eddie boy. Eddie boy was sooooooo much better then Edwierdo by a long shot. I don't think Jasper feels the same way. He likes Jazzy, just not Jazzybear. He's on the fence about it more so than I am.

(Jasper's POV:)

I don't like the name Jazzybear. Just J, Jazz, or Jazzy. Maybe J-bear. I should talk to Charlotte later about it. I got to drive to the store and the Chinese restaurant. Lottie gets agitated pretty quickly when she is pregnant. So I better drive quickly to get her some food and frosting. I’m quite curious as to what Carlisle, Rose, Emmett, and Lottie talked about earlier. They all came back to the house super excited and Rose was also a bit anxious about their ordeal. What did they converse about? I’ll have to keep pondering the idea, and maybe, just maybe it’ll come to me.

(Charlotte’s POV)

“I’m soooooooooooo hungry, Jasper drive faster now!” I snap at him then I start crying. 

Jasper asks, “Lots, what’s wrong?” 

Edward intervenes and says, “She thinks you’re mad at her now because she yelled at you”

Rose grabs my hand and tries to soothe me, and I say, “Can we get Chicken alfredo and chicken and broccoli alfredo, along with teriyaki chicken instead of Chinese? I changed my mind on what I want.”

Jasper says to me, “We can get whatever you want sweetheart. We’ll get all the ingredients and make it at home. We’ll pre-order the teriyaki chicken and we will probably reheat it at home.”

Edward stifled a laugh before I giggle while saying, “Thank you, Jazzypoo” 

He cringes and gave me a look, and with my raging hormones, I start to cry and say, “You don’t like your new name. I just wanted it to rhyme.” 

Rose scolds him and says, “You do not. And I repeat DO NOT make a pregnant woman cry.”

Jasper looks down and sighs then says, “I’m sorry, Char. I don’t like Jazzypoo or Jazzybear.”

I say, “That’s okay. Maybe I’ll call you Jay or JayJay.”

He smiles brightly at me and says, “I like those.”

I very sassily say to him, “Good. Now go get me some teriyaki chicken and pasta. On the double.”

“Yes. Ma’am,” He says teasingly in his charming accent to me knowing that I don’t like being called Ma’am.

It felt like hours but I finally got my frosting and I brought my spoon so I could eat the chocolatey goodness on the way home back to Carlisle and the babies. BTW I got spares in case I finish the one in the car and want another one.

“Guys, I didn’t tell you this but I got cameras put in the house and we can watch the boys with the babies. Eddy switch places with me. Rosie and I are gonna watch this.” 

I’m texting Esme right now.

(text message)

Me: How are the boys doing with my children? Are you doing most of the work or is Carlisle?

Rose: How are the children with Emmett?

Esme: They are doing well. They are crying and Carlisle is figuring out what they want right now. They need to be fed and changed then put to bed. Here’s a pic: (a cute smiling baby girl about 7 months old.) 

Me: I wish they weren’t growing so fast and we could spend more time with them. I think the reason they are growing so fast is because of them being part vampire. We are watching on the camera right now. We should be home in maybe 5 minutes unless I get morning/car/motion sickness.

Alice: (sends 20,000,000 pics of the babies each) Be careful with my future brother/sister. Make sure Jazz pulls over if you need to vomit.

(video camera)

Carlisle enters the room with 4 bottles. 2 filled with milk, and the other 2 filled with blood to find out what the girls want to have for their feeding on the schedule. Emmett is in the nursery that the girls share while theirs is being made and the items are being ordered and shipped by Alice. Carlisle grabs Kimberly, feeds her, burps her, changes her, and then put her in the playpen in our room to go to sleep. He walks downstairs to see Emmett struggling with feeding Leigh-Anne. He says, ‘Emmett, you need to hold her like you would carry her and let her see which bottle she wants and hold it for her and let her drink it. Then you need to burp her. You put the cloth on your shoulder and then place her head near your shoulder. Then gently pat her back until she burps.’ Emmett sighs frustrated with taking care of a baby and says, ‘Thank you, Carlisle. For all of this. Especially making Rose happy and letting us have a baby using Charlotte's uterus.’ Carlisle smiles and exclaims, ‘You know, this whole thing was Charlotte’s idea. She knew how much this would mean to Rose and wanted to give her something nobody else could. A baby. I know she would do the same thing for Esme, and Alice whenever they are ready and have a sample of sperm that she could be inseminated with. Like she said earlier shes a baby-making machine. She's my beautiful little fish that would give you kids the world and protect you at all costs.’

(video ends)

I was crying when he finished his speech ad Jazz asks me, “Charlotte would you do that for us?”

I grab Rose’s hand and say, “Yes, I would.”

After a little while, we reach the house and I say, “My children better are taking their naps or there will be consequences.”

We walk into the house and Carlisle hugged me and rubbed my stomach and the baby kicked. Did I mention the baby is due in about a week? I have been pregnant for almost a month and a half. This pregnancy is a little slower than my first and not as painful. I think the baby is more human than vampire this go-round. 

I sit on the couch and Carlisle rubs my feet and I ask Rose, “Hey, Rose? Can you go heat up the food?”

She says, “Yes, I can Charlotte. Relax.”

When she brought out the containers of the food my face lit up and my stomach growled. I told her, “Thank you, Rose.”

I ask Jasper, “Hey, Jay? Did you try to use your powers on me in the car when I started to cry?”

He says, “Actually, Charlotte. I didn’t attempt to use my powers on you at all. It is important to solve problems the human way sometimes, it’ll help us bond. Your hormones aren’t balanced at all right now, so you will get upset easier, and start to cry.”

I say to him, "Thank you, Jazz. You know it would've been a whole lot easier just to use your powers."

I then bend over in pain and Rose helps me up, and my water breaks. I say to Rose, "I hope you didn't need those shoes for anything because I'm about to have this baby."

About 3 and a half hours later I successfully have birth to our newest addition. Our little baby …

Boy. His name is Mason Carter Cullen.