Chapter 3

(long chapter: date)
(Charlotte’s POV)
Outfit: above

I started to get ready for our date so I dressed semi-formally wearing a cute sundress. I also did my makeup and was ready for 6:50. I made sure that I had my bag and an extra pair of clothes and flats and sneakers incase my feet hurt.

I noticed that it was 6:59 and Carlisle's car just pulled in my driveway. He had pulled in and I had gone out on the porch and locked my front door.

He came up to me and asked: “You look breathtakingly beautiful. Are you ready?”

“Thank you. I am ready for our date Carlisle. Will you tell me what we are doing?” I questioned him with a cheeky smile on my face.

He cheekily answered me back “No Charlotte, I will not spoil our evening ahead. You will have to wait and see what I have planned to do tonight.”

“Are you like a serial killer that’s going to kill me?” I jokingly replied back to him.

“God no. Why would I kill such a fine and amazingly beautiful young woman like yourself? I’d rather keep you all to myself. We are about to go on a walk in the forest, and maybe gaze at the stars for a while.” he replied back to me.

“Aww, Carlisle I love watching the stars even though they are light years away from us they shine bright as diamonds even though they are little balls of gas,” I said.

He stared at me with amazement and said “I never knew you loved the stars this much. How do you remember all of those facts?”

“I honestly don’t know, I love looking at them, and I remember the basic constellations and facts about them,” I stated.

Skip to star-gazing.

(Carlisle’s POV)

I can’t help by looking at my mate. I can’t believe I had finally found her after all these centuries and watching the kids and Esme gain mates. She is a wonderful woman who loves to help people just like me. I just stare down at her with pure adoration when she starts to point out constellations.

She exclaims excitedly “ Look Carlisle there’s:

Orion, Gemini, Virgo, Leo, Scorpius, Pisces, Ursa major and minor, … “

I tell her “it’s time to go back to my house, we are going to play some board games.”

“Really Carlisle, which ones?” she asks.

“I don’t know Charlotte, which ones do you want to play?” I state.

“Monopoly,” she said.

We play monopoly and finish the game and she states that

“Carlisle, I know your family is different, you don’t eat around me, you are very cold, and you have no pulse. So what are you guys? Are you vampires?”

I say, “Charlotte, honey we are vampires. None of us will harm you, and we don’t drink human blood but we feed on animal blood. The only reason we let you close enough was the fact that you are my soulmate that I have been waiting for you for centuries. I finally got you and I don’t ever want to let you go.”

“Thank you for explaining this to me Carlisle. I have something to tell you. I’m a shapeshifter. My wolf is white with blue eyes.”

“Thank you for telling me about you being a shifter.”

She then falls asleep on my lap after our wonderful first date. I take her upstairs and let her sleep on my bed. You are probably wondering why I need a bed, but Alice insisted that I have one in case my mate shows up one day and falls asleep.

I reminisced later on while Charlotte slept about our date and thought about how wonderful it was, and how it was a perfect way to end the day.

I then sneak out of my bedroom and go down stairs to the living room. As I walk down there I try to think of a way to tell them.

Rose comments first on the smell, “What the hell is a mutt doing in our house?”

I growl at her, “That mutt happens to be my mate. She knows about us being vampires. She is very smart she has only been around me for a day.”

“It’s true Rosalie. She is quite smart,” Edward comments on the situation.

“Everyone please keep it down, Lottie is sleeping. It's been a long day for her,” I said.

(Next Morning)
(Charlotte's POV)

I stirred awake and I saw Carlisle when my eyes opened and I smiled up at him.

He said, "Good morning."

"Morning," I said.

I just looked at him and admired his amazing beauty, and I wish I could read his mind to see what goes on in there without him noticing me.

We get ready within the next hour and we go downstairs. I suddenly become nervous because we most likely will run into the rest of his family. I hope they like me. What if they don't? What if they hate me? What if they think I have horrible taste in fashion? What will happen if I do something clumsy and I look stupid? I have this feeling that I will like everyone I meet even though they probably don’t like the fact that I’m a shifter because I probably smell to them except that sexy blonde doctor that is mine. Carlisle doesn’t smell bad to me because he smells like Nutella. I wonder what I smell like to him? I hope they like me, because I won't give up without a fight. I wouldn't care if Carlisle only had a penny to his name I still woud love him anyway and always.

I guess Carlisle felt my anxiety spike and tells me, "Calm down love. After you meet my adopted children, and my sister Esme, I will take you on a tour of the house and tell you my story." As we were walking to the kitchen.

. . .