Fifty-Four ~ Floating

***Georgina's POV

Oh my goodness. Alright. Take a deep breath, Georgina. No need to be nervous. He'll be patient with you.

With my pep talk seeming to give me courage, I nod at my reflection in the mirror of our loo. I'm dressed in my white negligee, without the robe this time, and there's something about it that makes me feel even more feminine and it's like I'm craving my husband's touch.

Knowing that Alex is waiting, I hurriedly fluff my hair again before opening the door and I step into our bedroom. He makes eye contact with me from his side of the bed and he smirks, beckoning me with his index finger.

He's taken off his pyjamas, leaving him in just his knickers and I gulp at the sight. Even though we're married now, I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing him nearly naked, or completely naked for that matter.

I swallow my nerves and saunter over to him with a teasing smile.

"You're a real stunner in that fancy nightgown of yours. Did you know that?" his provocative words make my heart leap in my chest and I playfully shake my head in answer. "Well then, I haven't lived up to my title of husband if you don't know what a knockout you are."

"What? N-no, Alex, you have, I promise. You're a wonderful husband. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression."

"Oh darling, it's okay," he coos, taking my hand to gently pull me next to him. "I was just teasing."

"O-okay, but you are a wonderful husband. I want you to know that."

A smile spreads on his face, "And you're a wonderful wife. C'mon, darling, let's get comfortable, yeah?"

He pats the bed, inviting me to lay next to him and I walk around to my side of the bed. I place my folded nightgown on my nightstand so it won't get wrinkled and I lay down on top of the covers.

"Mmm, this is nice," he muses, laying down to face me and he wraps his arm around my waist. I feel the large expanse of his hand on the small of my back and I'm quite proud that it didn't make me flinch this time. "Thank you for making my special breakfast in bed."

"You've already thanked me several times now, sweetheart."

"Yeah, but I just want you to know how grateful I am for you." His heartwarming words and soft smile make me smile.

"I know you are," I reply, timidly placing my hand on his bare chest.

"Good, and I'm going to make sure I remind you of that every day for the rest of our lives together."

He's the sweetest husband.

"I love you, Alex, oh my goodness!"

"What? What is it?"

"This, how we're laying, reminded me of a-a dream I once had."

"Oh. Was it scary?" he questions and I nervously take in my lips. "It's okay, Georgina. I'm here. You don't have to be scared now."

"No, it's just that, I've honestly forgotten about it until right now, because of how we're laying. It reminded me."

"Oh?" his eyebrows raise in curiosity. "You can tell me, only if you want."

"Okay. I had a dream, during our courtship, about us. Oh dear, I can't say it. You'll think poorly of me."

"What?" he furrows his eyebrows, shaking his head. "No, love, never in a million years would I think poorly of you. You can tell me. It's obviously still affecting you, so talking about it might help."