Fifty-Three ~ Spoiled

***Alex's POV

Letting out a yawn, I roll onto my back and open my eyes to the ceiling. The sunlight coming through the drapes covering our bedroom window let me know it's well into the morning and I inhale a breath, grinning at the pleasant aroma of something cooking in the kitchen.

I turn my head on my pillow and notice her side of the bed is made with her nightgown neatly folded on top of her pillow. As I get out of bed, I reach for my robe and I make a pit stop to the loo first. Since I slept like a rock last night, I didn't get up to use the toilet once and I'm paying for it now.

After the much needed relief, I make sure I put the seat back down and I wash my hands. Since today is Sunday, Georgina and I can spend the entire day together doing whatever we please before I will have to go to work tomorrow.

Hmm, I wonder what she'd like to do today.

Smiling in anticipation, I open the door to our bedroom and make my way into the kitchen. I stop at the doorway and admire my wife, who's already dressed for the day in one of my all-time favorite dresses, as she continues concentrating on whatever she's cooking at the stove.

I notice the serving tray her aunt and uncle gave to us for a wedding present on the table with items already placed on it. The tea is still steaming in the cup, the silverware are placed on a napkin and the newspaper is folded in half, ready for me to read.

She did all this for me? I have the best wife in the world.

"Needs a tad more pepper," Georgina says to herself and I watch as she sprinkles some in before stirring whatever food is in the skillet. She taste tests another bite and hums in approval. "Perfect."

With my arms crossed over my chest, I lean against the doorway and watch in awe as my wife prepares a plate of what looks like eggs, beans, bacon and crumpets. My mouth starts to water and my stomach growls at the aroma and I just can't help myself.

"It smells good, love," I say and she gasps, quickly turning around.

"Oh my goodness, you startled me," she says in a quivery voice and I rush over to her.

"I'm sorry, darling," I apologize, embracing her in a hug. "I didn't meant to scare you."

"I know you didn't mean to," she sighs and I lean back to make sure she's okay. "I guess I was just focused and I didn't hear you, but now it's spoiled."

"What's spoiled?"

"I wanted to make breakfast in bed for you, since it's our first morning as husband and wife, but now it's spoiled since you're already awake," she pouts her lip, fiddling with the collar of my robe and I kiss her forehead.

"The only thing that's spoiled is me, because of you, darling," I try to convince her, earning a tiny smile and I come up with a plan. "Hmm, I'm feeling awfully tired. I think I'm gonna go back to bed for a bit."

I wink at her and she smiles, nodding gently so I know she realizes my hidden meaning. I peck her lips and turn to make my way back into our bedroom, making sure not to close the door all the way since her hands will be full. After I take off my robe, leaving me in just my pyjamas, I get back into bed.

Since this whole breakfast in bed idea seems important to Georgina, I decide to make it as real as possible for her. I lay down on my side with the covers up to my shoulders and I bunch my pillow to support my neck.