Ch 33

Robin's POV

The quarter staff, as it turns out, can help me channel my element. And since that's basically the only power I have that still works, it's perfect.

I see now, why Mabel and Ella chose this place. Its an old forgotten bunker. It was built when the Packs were at war, so it's impossible to locate. The bunker was but for about 50 wolves and is connected to another 10. So, no Derek problem. That is mainly due to the fact that I have been living down here for the past 3 days.

"Update?" I ask when Ella walks into the bunker.

"The battles have been getting worse, especially when they figured out that Lydia betrayed them. We've had more casualties than I'd prefer. Also, instead of us hunting them, it's them hunting us. And, it doesn't help your sad excuse for a mate isn't focused. He's nearly gotten himself killed twice." Ella looks at me, rubbing her bandaged arm.

"I'm not talking to him." I say while continuing to kill the sand dummies with my staff.

"I can't say I blame you." She shrugs and throws a knife into a dummy, making it crumble then reform. "But, I don't think you want to be a vampire relic either."

"I really hate it when you're right." I grumble as I while the thin layer of sweat off of my forehead.

"One more thing. The knowledge level of this war is even. They know what we know about you, and we know what they know." her expression soon switches from a cool façade, to worried.

But just then Mabel enters. right when she sees me I can tell she's miffed. "All I've been hearing is Derek asking where you disappeared to. I'm about to make that werewolf wish he wasn't..."

Mae just stops and stares at me, her lilac eyes resting on a certain strip of hair.

"Robin," Mae say, a twinge of fear in her voice. "How long has your hair been like that?"

Her question makes me uneasy. "Like what?"

"Black."

"Black?" I ask, grasping for the ebony strands. My fingers clasp around them, and bring them into my sight. "Black!"

"This is worse than I thought." I hear Emily enter the bunker.

"You knew? You knew! This whole time you knew?" Betrayal is probably the worst feeling, and here it seems to be the emotion that I keep getting hammered with.

"No, not entirely." She claims. "I thought you would be able to evade the curse."

"What curse?" Mae asks as she comes to my side.

"To be honest, this is going to take some explaining. Sit down." She instructs as she flicks her black ponytail over her shoulder.

"To start, Pandoras are not rare, not in the slightest. For one to actually survive, now that is rare. Especially to the age of 16. Only 3 have made it, Maria, Jocelyn, and Robin. Maria, she died as soon as the Supernatural World realized her power. Both good and bad wanted it, some vampires decided that if they couldn't have her, no one could. Jocelyn decided that since she was the new target to go into hiding. It worked till she was burned up by her power. When Power sits idle for so long it gets unstable, and will either die out or burn up.

"Here's where your hair comes into play. Both Maria and Jocelyn had their hair go black just days before they died."

"So, no guys were able to live to 16?" Sean interjects in the middle of the story.

"All Pandoras are females." Emily says, glaring at Sean. "That is why the vampires are always the ones who want them. Vampires can't really have children, at least not without severe risk to the parents and the clan. That would be one reason to want a Pandora wife, for powerful heirs to clans. Another reason, they can feed off of them and absorb their powers."

Maddy slips into the bunker and makes disgusted faces when she hears this. "So he will just drain her dry once he kills her? That-"

"No, she has to be alive and well. Her blood has to be fresh, untouched by any impurity. If she dies, her powers die with her."

I took a deep breath, trying to process all of the information. I'll either live or I'll die. I wasn't the only one who was silent.

I finally break the silence. "Why the 16th birthday?"

"That's when you receive all you powers. You're weak and exhausted. You're he most vulnerable you'll ever be, and after that you'd be untouchable." Emily explains.

Maddy looks at Mae before they both turn their eyes on me. "Robin, you're not fighting."

I cross my arms and glare at the blondes. "Well, I'm not hiding while everyone else fights."

Mae looks at me, her lilac eyes taking on a demeaning look. "Robin, we've known each other for a couple of months. I don't blame you if you don't want to listen to me. One thing is for sure, you are stuck with me for the rest of your life. Weather you choose to have it ended within the next few days, or you play it safe. If you fight I'll be there fighting with you, but I won't like it. I can promise you that."

I set my jaw, turned on my heal, and left. How would they feel if a war was being fought because of them, and there wasn't a thing they could do about it. They would hate it just as much as I do. Except there is something I can do, but they won't let me. I need to vent my anger, so there only one place to go.

Derek's Mountain, the one place not visible by either pack and hard to find or track anyone. The last place he took me when we still talked, when I still knew who he was.

"Look now." He said as he uncovered my eyes.

I gasped at the view. Out of all the places Derek has taken me, this is the most beautiful one. I stood atop mountain that shimmered silver in the moonlight. Small creeks trickled down the mountain side with small patches of purple flowers blossoming where they can get purchase on the steep sides.
He put one hand on my waist to steady me and used the other to point to my left. "Sshh, look over there."

'Over there' was a small family of bears playing with what looked to be a small group of wolves.

"How?" I asked.

"The creeks fill this mountain with tranquil magic. You couldn't hurt a fly without being sorry about it for a week."

I watched with wonder and amusement as the animals played with one another. I couldn't help but laugh when the wolf cub sneezed and knocked a bear cub into the river with him.

The wet cubs looked at me curiously before coming to investigate. Slowly they neared us.
Before they could reach us their mothers called them back and they left. We left soon after they did.

When I arrived at the mountain I stuck my feet in the creek and watched as those same bears and wolves played. This time they approached me as soon as they saw me. I fell asleep with a Grizzly Bear snug in my lap and two Gray Wolves snuggling up to my shoulders.

I woke up to the sound of two wolves growling and a bear cub standing on my stomach, and she wasn't too light. I stood protectively in front of the three cubs as I heard the criminal of rocks and the flick of a wolf tail.

There is only one person who is desperate enough to talk to me. If the whole world is turning against me, I might as well face my demons.

_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_

SUPER LATE, I KNOW.

I tried to make it long-ish, and I just got my wifi back today(Saturday) so don't kill me!
I'm also tired and figuring out how much life sucks.

So, I guess that there are 5-8 more chapters left in this book, depending on the lengths of each. Many of you may have also noticed that I don't edit too heavily. I try, but you can't really edit your own work too easily. I plan on finishing this, then editing it.
Hopefully I get the next chapter done within this year.

So, who went shopping on the dreaded Black Friday?

[who else went to see Mocking Jay?]

Read

Vote

Comment

-A