Ch 24

Robin's POV

"Would you explain to me why you were at the border in the first place?" my father sighs as he pinches the bridge of his nose. Mabel, Kris, Ella, and I are in his office. Or Xavier's office-it's one of the two.

"Again?" I ask annoyed, this feels like the thousandth time I've been asked that since we arrived back at the pack house.

"Yes, if you don't mind." he says, obviously not amused by my antics.

"I just wanted to see the forest, we took a wrong turn and ended up at the river. Sorry." I say and plop into one of the cushioned chairs that face his desk

"Great. Now what really happened?" he smiles knowingly, like he'd done stuff like this to his dad.

"You know how it is when someone says, Don't go there? You have to go there!" I may be exaggerating slightly, but I do not like being told what to do.

"Okay." He says and leans back, Mae, Ella, and Kris all sigh. "Just next time you feel like defying your brother's orders, take some weapons-or guards."

"Yes sir." I salute him. "Thanks Dad. So I'm not in trouble?"

"Not with me. Or your mother. It's your brother I'd be worried about." he chuckles and walks out of the office.

"Oh, great." I mutter

"We need to change." Ella laughs at our torn clothes

"Oh yes." I agree.

We leave the office and run to the elevator before we get bombarded by people again. Ella presses the button and we slowly make our way up.
As soon as the doors open, we run out.

"Meet in my room when you're done!" Kris yells.

I'm too lazy to unlock my door, so I shift into a mouse as I get closer and crawl under. I hope nobody saw that...
I run to the closet and pull out a teal hoodie-one with a zipper-and a navy tank and a pair of black sweats.
I while off most of the blood and grime on me once I'm changed. I slip on my fuzzy boot-slippers and make my way to Kris's room. All I do is teleport... I don't know why I didn't so that instead of shifting into the mouse..

"Hey!" she screams as I land on her bed

"Hi." I smile and wave to Ella, which happens to be sitting next to me.

"How many powers do you have?" she asks astonished

"I don't know, as many as the number of tattoos that I have." I say and plop back onto Kris's indigo bed.

"So what's the plan?" Mae asks as she walks into the room, dressed in a Pandora T-shirt and sweats-like me.

"I thought we could-wait. What's he doing here?" Kris mutters the last part to herself as she runs to her bay window

Ella runs to join her, "Who ar-him!" Her eyes bug as she recognizes him

"Who?" Mae and I ask at the same time. Mae and I make our way over to them to look at the angry group of! wolves.

My eyes nearly pop out of my skull as I see the tall black haired idiot that I ''came'' here with "Derek?!"

"You know him?" Ella asks, clearly confused.

"You could say that..." I say, still frozen in place.

The thing is, my powers are somewhat triggered by my emotions, like right now. "Robin, you're invisible." Mae says, somehow looking into my eyes.

"How?" I murmur

"The link." She says, pointing to where the tattoo is.

"Sorry" I say and go visible.

I look back at Derek, who is now arguing with Xavier. As if he could feel my gaze on him, Derek turned his eyes to me.

"You're doing it again." Mae says as she ducks behind a curtain.

"I know." Is all I say to reply

Kris is explaining everything about me to Ella, like the whole Derek-thing. I'm still watching Derek and Xavier, waiting to see what they do.

And I wish they decided to go their separate ways, but-being the bone-headed guys that they are-they are being held off of each other by those close and strong enough to do so.
And they almost had them too, but Xavier got loose. He charged-so fast that I barely saw it-and punched Derek in the face.

"Ooh, we're screwed. You need to get out of here for a few hours, till they cool down and he's gone." Mae says, pulling me away from the window

"Mae, I can't let them maim each other." I say, looking her in the eyes.

"Well, are you ready to tell them? Your family, friends, pack?" Ella asks as she looks out the window.

"Eh, what the hell. Are you guys going to help me, or am I going solo?" I quirk an eyebrow and give them a devilish smile.

"Well, we might as well, considering you dragged us into this." Kris says, shrugging and pulling in some boots

"I an going to teleport us down there, okay?" I ask, looking to see if its okay with them

"Fine." they all grumble as we hold hands

"Is this when we start the satanic ritual?" Ella asks and I try not to laugh

"Distract me, and you could loose a limb." I warn her and everyone sobers up

I just focus on the group of plants in the main entrance. And poof! We're there!

And if you have never experienced the sensation of your whole body magically moving from one spot to the other, it sucks. Think of a 90° drop on a roller coaster, that's what it feels like.
But not to me anymore!

"Warning would've been nice." Mae grumbles and holds her head.

"Sorry, it doesn't phase me anymore." I smile innocently

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Kris asks and gestures to the fight between the-now wolves-rival alphas.

"Oh. Yeah. Right. On it." I say and run out the door

Outside, a circle has formed around the two idiots. I push my way through the pack members, of both of the morons, who are cheering them on.

"You don't want to get near those two cupcake, trust me." one of the warriors says as he grabs my forearm. He looks to be in his early 20s, which is normal for wolves, who age slowly.

"Don't call me cupcake. And it's the two morons who are fighting that should be worried." I grind out and slip out if his grip

"Hey!" he yells from behind, but it's too late. I have entered the ring.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Sorry if you don like cliffhangers, but this one is done extra-early!

If you do t like cliffhangers, rub some bacon on it.

It's just a Rhett & Link thing, you just wouldn't understand.

Unless you do! If you do, comment!

2 more days of prison-I mean school.

Then I get a week till Cross Country starts! Yay!

Sarcasm was intended, greatly.

Vote

Read

Comment

Share

But mostly

Vote!!!

Comment!!!

-A