Ch 25

Robin's POV

I'm not even sure I have, even remotely, a plan.

I'm not sure I even know what a plan is!

But one would been nice right about now.

I charged in there, successfully ramming into who I assume was Derek.

That was an accident, other than the fact that I probably just dislocated my shoulder, it didn't even phase him.

"Fine," I mutter to myself, "be that way."

I jump in between the two snarling wolves, making them stop and stare for a second. Only a second before Xavier lunges over me, at Derek.

"Really?" I groan. I jump onto Xavier's furry back as he's in mid-air. I grab onto his scruff and lean to the right, making him veer off course. The bad thing, he lands on top of me.

He jumps off and gets in a protective stance when Derek tries to come toward me.

That just makes him growl, making Xavier growl.

Instead of continuously growling, they decide to shift back. I, like the sane girls in the pack, avert their eyes while they slip on shorts.

"Robin?!" They both growl

"Yeah, there's one over there." I say and point to the bird in a nearby tree.

"That's a pinecone." Xavier says, crossing his arms.

"Really?" I say and squint at it, sure enough it was a pinecone.

"Robin, why are you here?" Derek growls out, eyes still glowing yellow

"How do you know my sister?" Xavier asks, turning to Derek

"Your sister?" He nearly chokes

Xavier's jaw clenches as he speaks, "Did I stutter, pup?"

"Who are you calling pup?" Derek shoots back

"An idiot who trespassed on my territory." With each remark the inch closer

"I came here because I was told there was a battle along the border." Derek hasn't even glanced at me since the 'sister' comment

"It want on your side, don't worry, it's got nothing to do with you."

"What about her?", and cue all heads snapping to me. The first time both Derek and Xavier has looked at me since the argument started.

"What about her?" Xavier replies cooly

"Did it have anything to do with her?" he grinds out

"Why?" Xavier retorts, turning to face Derek again

"Because she's my mate." now cue all the "ooh"s.

"Oh hell no." Xavier laughs and steps between me and Derek, so I can no longer see him.

"Did you plan this far?" Mae asks from my side. Did I mention she was there the whole time, just bending the air so she was "invisible".

"I didn't even plan past the 'get in the circle' part." I admit and stand up. They we're still over there, arguing away when I hear a growl.

"Again?" I groan.

"Want me to get it?" Ella offers, cracking her knuckles.

"Nah, they won't hurt me." I say, then mutter. "I hope."

As I get closer I hear stuff like, "Doesn't matter, she's my mate", and "sucks for you, she's my sister".

"I'm not a toy you know." I say from behind Xavier, except for the wall of warriors separating them and me.