BLURB: What do you think?

PROCREATIVE CHOICE NO LONGER EXISTS. TURNING SEVENTEEN IS FEARED. LOVING, CRYING, AND FREEDOM OF SPEECH ARE AN ACT OF BOLDNESS.

DON’T. DEFY. ARID. LAW!

ASSIGNMENTS! CONTROL! OBEY!

PURE wants perfection…

…and perfection comes with a price.

Irissa Maclin is on the verge of turning seventeen. She fears what she must do if chosen for surrogacy away from her home – a small desert region outside of the capitol, Arid. Girls of her age – upon random selection – will be taken to a lab far into the Mojave Desert to help harbor Seraphim – genetically perfect embryos.

Torn from her familiar life soon after she meets an annoyingly good looking Draftee from another region, she doesn’t think she would ever be able to feel the way he managed to make her feel. But the chance meeting ends abruptly when a militia of Borrowers arrests her for publicly disobeying Arid Law.

Between mixed feelings between a Borrower who vies for her affection and a Draftee sick with an illness, she must choose to either obey or defy her duties in society.

Secrets, betrayals, and love pave the path for Irissa.

Will she choose her own fate, or succumb to the science that promises a brighter future?

Would you read this novel after reading it's blurb?

Your opinion matters! Thanks! =)