In another world; ch 32

Juliet's POV.

I was sitting on Ryan's lap, and we were both on the floor. I had the guitar in my hands, stroking it gently. Ryan was rocking me back and forth in his arms. We've been sitting in the same position for almost two hours, facing the windows. Snow was free-falling, making me excited. I looked down at my watch: 12:45 AM. I sighed, putting the guitar up on my bed, and leaning back in Ryan's arms. His hand rested on my thigh. He kissed my neck. I let out a little giggle, and he smiled down at me. I grabbed Ryan's hands, playing with them. His fingers fit perfectly with mine. He moved one side of my hair on my shoulder to the other time, kissing my skin. I bit my lip, squeezing Ryan's hands. He laughed in my ear, laying his head on my shoulder. I reached my hand up, grazing his hair. I pulled it gently. He leaned over, kissing the corner of my mouth. I smiled, laying back. I let out a yawn, and Ryan grabbed a blue fuzzy blanket from my bed, wrapping placing it on top of me. I yawned once again, and Ryan leaned on the wall, and I was slowly drifting to sleep - perfectly in his arms.

Ryan's POV.

Juliet yawned once more, and fell asleep in my arms. I smiled at the sight, and then looked out the window. 'Yo, Ryan?' Zac thought to me. 'I just got finished talking to Noah. He's healing up pretty quickly; He wanted to know how Juliet is.' I clicked my tongue. 'She's fine, just sleeping in my lap now.' I thought back to him. 'Aww,' Zac thought. 'Shut up,' I thought back with a smile. 'You guys going to be at school tomorrow?' Zac asked. 'Yeah. We'll be there. Let me just get Juliet into the bed, I'm so exhausted.' I thought with a sigh. 'Relax man. Go get to sleep. I'm just keeping you up.' Zac replied back. A smiled was creeping onto my face again. 'Zac, you've been circling the house for the longest. Get some sleep. You need it more than I do.' I thought to him. 'Only for you guys' protection. I want to make sure you both- well, all three of you are safe.' He thought back. I immediately knew who the third person was. 'You miss her?' I thought back to him, stroking Juliet's hair and leaving kisses on her head. 'Of course. But, I'll be damned if I ever get into a relationship with her again.' He thought back. 'You deserve to be happy,' I said, going on. 'Look man, just go to sleep. I don't really want to have this conversation right now.' Zac snapped. I frowned. 'Be safe.' I thought back. There was no answer. I slowly stood up on my feet, cradling Juliet in my arms. I flipped the light switch off, and walked over to the bed, gently letting Juliet down. I put more blankets around her, closing the windows since it was getting windy. I locked the balcony doors, and changed into sweat pants and a long sleeved shirt.

Juliet’s POV.

I awoke, breathing hard. My face was sweaty, my palms were shaking. Zac, he was in my dreams. And, this time, it wasn’t a good one. There was a loud growl from out my window. I immediately dashed up, but being pulled back by Ryan’s hand around my waist. I slowly moved his arm, and ran out to my balcony. From over, I could see about five coyotes surrounding Zac. My breathing hitched. I panicked. ‘Don’t panic.’ He thought softly. ‘Go back inside,’ He added, now looking at me. I shook my head, and one of the coyotes pounced on Zac. Zac was already shifted into his Wolf form, but was surprised by the attack. Without thinking, I ran down the steps, charging at the coyote on Zac. My chest was beating, and I was furious. “Stop!” I screamed, and before I knew it, I was on top of the coyote- but something was different. Now, I was shifted into a wolf.

Zac’s POV.

I wouldn’t panic. It would be foolish to. I had been circling the house, the scent of another animal lingering. In the distance, I could see about five coyotes coming my way. I wasn’t afraid- it was just one thing. Something was different about these coyotes. I don’t even think these are coyotes. ‘Where’s the girl? Or, are you the one who killed our pack leader?’ The wolf in the middle thought to me. His voice boomed through my head. ‘Leave the girl alone. I didn’t kill him.’ I lied. Then, the wolf in the back let out a low growl. ‘Just give up the girl and everything shall be fine!’ The wolf on the left said. I shook my head, no. Before I knew it, he pounced on me. I yelped, and now two more jumped onto me, trying to claw at me. I had a black wolf by his neck, and threw him against a tree. He whimpered. I saw Juliet. ‘Don’t panic.’ I thought to her. ‘Go back inside,’ I added, looking at her. She shook her head and now a wolf pounced on top of me- I was shocked. Juliet came running down the stairs. “Stop!” She screamed, and was now running at full speed towards the wolf on me. She sneered her teeth, and jumped on top of the wolf that was just attacking me- Now, she was a wolf herself. ‘Juliet! Stop!’ I hoped my voice was in her head. I ran towards her, but a wolf pushed me back. Now, another wolf jumped on her and bit her neck. She whimpered in pain, and I immediately jumped on the wolf that attacked her. I clawed at his face, and he got away, running. Now, there was two left. They ran away. I looked back at Juliet, who was now lying on the floor with her head resting on her paws. She cried out in pain. I slowly walked towards her, collapsing in front of her. ‘Juliet...’ I whispered. She was a beautiful shade of gray. She had spots of white. She had amazing green eyes. She was bleeding. I rubbed my nose against hers- no reply. Her eyes were opened, but she was staring off in space. I felt bad. Was this what I looked like her? I was a monster.