In another world; ch 17

"Stop splashing me! You're getting me soaked!" I screamed at Zac, who was wagging his tail in my face. I was soaked in water, from attempted to bathing him. Obviously, it wasn't as easy as it was with a dog. 'No,' He said, grinning. He was a brownish yellow wolf color. He had deep blue eyes, tinted with gray. The both of us had become better friends, since he told me about the powers he had. He could shape-shift, but so far, he only knew how to change into a wolf. "Isn't it weird?" I whispered. He turned to me. 'What?' "It's like-" I stopped talking, because Zac's cellphone rang. He growled at it, and said, 'Turn around please!' I turned around, and about two minutes later, he said, "Okay, turn around." He was throwing his shirt over his head. He was dressed, and now the phone rang again. He sighed, answering it. "Hello?" He said, sounding irritated. I heard Chasity screaming on the other end. "Calm down!" He said. "Where am I? I'm with-" He stopped himself. "I'm in the woods. I got lost." When our eyes met, I smiled shyly, kicking at the dirt on the forest's floor. "Yeah, okay. love you too." He said, hanging up the phone. I felt bad for the kid. Chasity obviously wasn't in love with Zac. She had better things going on in her head. I kicked the floor even harder, getting angry all of a sudden. "I gotta go." Zac said. It was getting windy, but I nodded. "How are you getting home?" He asked, looking at me. "Don't worry about me. Get home to your girlfriend." I said with a bit of a smile. He grinned, and I sighed. "You sure? I can walk you home, if you'd like." I shook my head, and he shrugged, coming over to me and giving me a little hug. "See you later." He said smiling, and walked off. I just stood there, staring at the ground.

"Well, well, well. What have we got here?" I looked around, but saw no one. "What?" I said, still looking. "Up here, stupid." I looked up to a tree, and saw a guy hanging from it. I was confused. "Who are you?" I asked. "Don't worry, sweetie. You don't need to know the answer to that." He winked, and then dropped from the tree, landing on his two feet. "Nice to meet you. What happened to your boyfriend, the fast kid?" He asked, with an evil grin. "I hope I didn't kill him." I glared at him, balling up my fists. "Oh no, he's not my boyfriend. Although, he's alive, and out of my life. You won't have to worry about him." I said, turning around and walking away. He grabbed my arm, pulling me back. I yanked my arm away from him, and he grinned. "Oh, really? You're a feisty one. Guys," He breathed. "Come on." Then, wolves surrounded me. I wasn't scared. Hell, just kill me, just do it already. He looked taken back as I didn't react to the 4 wolves surrounding me. "They don't scare you? Not at all?" He cocked his head to the side, staring into my eyes. "Nope. I touched a wolf. Even gave one a bath. These things don't scare me. But, look. If you're planning to kill me, just do it already. Save me the time, and just do it." A wolf growled. "Shut up." I snapped, and the wolf backed up. "Brave one, aren't you?" He sneered at me. "Can I just go home? You're wasting me time." Then, he snapped his finger, and a wolf attacked me. "Go away!" I said, lifting my hands, and firing at the wolf. He whimpered, running away further into the woods. The guy looked scared. "What the.." Was all he could say before someone attacked HIM. I looked, to see Zac, a wolf, attacking this guy. "Zac! Just leave him! He's not worth it!" Zac looked over to me, and the guy got up, and was breathing heavily. He then shape shifted into a wolf, and went after Zac. The other wolves were trying to get to Zac. "Go away!" I said, firing at them too. They all ran away, but all pounced on Zac. He whimpered in pain, and was bleeding. My eyes watered. I fired again at the wolves, one of them catching on fire. He screeched and squealed, running off towards the deep part of the woods. The guy was off Zac now, backing up, then starting to run after his friends. Zac collapsed against the floor, and I walked over to him. "Are you okay? Why the hell did you come back, I could have handled it!" He sent a disapproving glare, and put his head down on the ground. "Oh, gosh. What am I supposed to do?" I whispered. 'Go get the healer girl. Or leave me here.' He said back. I quickly whipped out my phone, dialing Anastasia's number.

"Okay, he should be fine by morning. He just needs a lot of sleep. I'm, so, exhausted." She said, passing out on my bed. I smiled, and looked at Zac on the floor, surrounded by blankets and pillows. I made sure to lock my door, so nobody could come in. I sighed, sitting in my computer chair, hugging my knees. I checked my phone. 4 missed calls, 15 new text messages. I deleted them all, and put my phone on the desk. I sighed, looking at my laptop screen. My eyes grew tired. But, I couldn't sleep. Not just yet. It was Sunday morning, around 5 in the morning. Anastasia had been here since 10, healing Zac. It took a while. I was tired. Hungry. But, mostly tired. I had remembered. I didn't eat in three days. I probably looked like a zombie. I quietly jumped out of my chair, running down the stairs. My father was sitting on the couch, watching a movie. I walked past him, tiptoeing into the kitchen. I opened the fridge, seeing nothing interesting. I opened the freezer, seeing a tub of chocolate ice cream. I grinned, snatching the tub and grabbing a spoon. "Yum," I said, while eating quietly. Someone tapped my shoulder. "Hey," My dad whispered. "We need to talk." I groaned, getting up from my seat, taking my ice cream with me. I plopped down on the couch, my father sitting next to me. "Yes?" I said, staring at the TV instead of his face. "Put the ice cream down, please." I placed the bucket onto the floor, and said, "Yes, O gracious father of mine?" With heavy sarcasm. "Look, I want to apologize. I-"

"Don't apologize. You're making it worst." I said, tapping my foot slightly. "I really am, I was being a terrible father. I didn't even tell you." He said. "Why didn't you?" I asked, looking at him. "I didn't think you were ready for me to move on." He said, looking back. "I'm not. How could you do this?" I snapped. "Your mother would've wanted this." He whispered. "You liar! No she wouldn't have, you were supposed to be hers! Forever!" I screamed, running upstairs. "Move on, if you want, but I refuse to be apart of any of it!" I screamed, while slamming my door. Zac shook, awake. "Huh?" He said, yawning and stretching. "Nothing, just ignore that." I said. He nodded, sitting up now. "What happened? I have a killer headache." I threw him a bottle of painkillers. "You have these in your room? Aren't these like drugs, if you overdose?" He was irritating me. "Just take a damn painkiller, and shut up." I quickly said. He obeyed, making sure to only take one, laying his head back down. I sighed, banging my head against my hands. "Ugh," I muttered. I looked at the window. And then, I saw him: Someone was standing on my balcony, watching me.