In another world; ch 14

"Ugh," I said, while falling back on my bed. Anastasia was showering, and I planned on letting her borrow some of my clothes until she got home. I was exhausted. It was 8 am, and I was bored. Anastasia walked into the room, and said, "I don't have clothes." I laughed, and walked over to the closet. "Pick anything." I said. She gasped, running over. I laughed again, and went downstairs, locking the door behind me.

"Good morning, Julie." My dad usually called me Julie when he was sad, or upset. "Hi pops." I said, simply. I threw Anastasia's clothes into the washing machine, and they started washing. I went over to the stove, taking out a pan. I went to the fridge, pulling eggs out. I cracked them, making eggs for her breakfast. I yawned a few times while stirring the eggs. "So," My dad said, now getting up from his big chair in the living room. "I was thinking, maybe we can go to my friends house today. She has a daughter, just like you." I stared at him. "Friend?" I said, eying him. "What kind of friend?" I added in, turning to him. "You know.. Just friends." He said, with a shy smile. I rolled my eyes. "Please, just go for me!" He was begging. "You're pathetic." I spat at him. But, to him, that meant fine, I'm only doing this for you. "Yes, yes! Thank you, so much!" My dad ran up to me, hugging me. "Bleh," I said, pushing him away. He jogged up the stairs, and I scooped the eggs onto a plate.

"Yum," Anastasia said, eating her breakfast. I smiled, and said, "I'm gonna go shower. Be right back." I walked over to my closet, grabbing a pair of black shorts and a white and black tank top. I grabbed my undergarments, and walked to the bathroom, passing Chasity's room. She was talking on the phone. "I think she likes him. Or, he likes her. I saw them, outside yesterday night," Then, she chocked out, "I think he kissed her. I'm going to find out what happened. If it's true, I'm going to crush him." I was worried. What, or who was she talking about? "Shit," I mumbled, and walked past. She glared at me, and I saw that she was crying. I smacked my forehead. What the hell have I done?

I ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I quickly turned the shower water on, and hopped in. I wish I could wash all my worries away, but instead, I quickly washed my body, getting ready for the worst.

I walked out and back to my room. I opened the door, to see Chasity sitting on my bed. Anastasia was gone. "Where did she go?" I asked. "I told her to leave." I looked at her angrily now. "What the hell do you want?" I asked her. She stood up, and moved closer. "What were you doing with Zac yesterday night?" She looked furious, mad, sad, and irritated. "We did nothing, I don't like your boyfriend." I said simply. "Then, what was he doing with you yesterday!" She put her hands on her hips. "Look, he needed my help. That's all. Not my fault your jealous." I muttered the last part, turning around to leave my room. "Excuse me!?" Chasity said, turning me back around, and striking me across the face. my head whipped to the side, and I immediately lifted my hand to my cheek. I was furious. I lifted my hands slowly, breathing heavily. Chasity looked back at me, as if I was scaring her. She backed up, and I lifted my hands. Do it, I thought. Do it now, end all the pain she's given you. She's been a bitch to you, why not? "No!" I yelled, dropping my head low, and swinging my arms at my sides. I wouldn't hit her back. What would that solve. "Just go." I whispered, and she walked quietly out the room. My cheek burned, and I was pretty sure I was bruising. I bruised easily, passed on from my mother. A simple pinch would probably bruise me for at least two to three days.

I walked into the bathroom, afraid to look at myself in the mirror. I lifted my head slowly, taking a quick glance, and lifting my hand to my face. Tears were already falling. "What have I become? I'm an animal." I whispered to myself. And, it was true. I was a horrible person.

"Juliet! Come on, I'm leaving!" My dad shouted. I sighed, slipping on a pair of ripped skinny jeans, and a black hoodie. I slipped on black boots, and walked downstairs with bag in one hand, phone in other. My dad frowned. "Can you at least look a bit more..appropriate?" I glared at him. "What would be appropriate to you, sir?" I looked at what he was wearing. A suit and tie. Nice, dad. "A dress? Maybe some heels or-" I interrupted him. "Dad, I don't even own a pair of heels." He nodded slightly, sighing. I trudged back upstairs taking off my clothes, and throwing on a yellow and green floral skirt. I kept the white long sleeved shirt on that I was already wearing. I switched the color of my boots to brown, and walked back downstairs. "Better?" I said, turning around so he could see everything I was wearing. "Yeah, now lets go!" He pushed me out the house, and I hopped into his car. He jogged up quickly, and jumped into the driver's seat, eagerly. "Excited, much?" I said, and he glared at me. "Okay, here's some rules. I know my daughter, I know what you're capable of. First, remember: please and thank you. second: no heavy sarcasm, it's not nice. and third, do not make jokes. Oh, and don't put your feet on the table. "Oh, you know me so well." I gave my father a fake smile. I then rolled my eyes, and looked ahead.

"Okay, we're here." I looked around, and there was a huge house, probably the biggest in Vancouver. Mansion like. "What the fu-" My dad covered my mouth. "No cursing, you sailor!" I bit his hand, and got out the car. Then, we both walked towards the house, but I stumbled further back, taking my time."Hello!" A woman said when we reached the door. She obviously had way too much make and perfume on. She looked at me, and said, "Oh! You must be Juliet. Nice to finally meet you!" She put her hand out, gesturing for me to shake it. I turned away, and she sighed. "Well.. Come in!" My dad went in, and I hesitated. "Come on!" The woman said, smiling. I wondered how long she could do that.

I rushed into the house, looking around. The living room, was huge. I saw two kids sitting down, staring back at me. I looked to the ground, avoiding their gazes and whispers. "Well, this is my son and daughter, Brooklyn and Noah. Don't be strangers." The girl rolled her eyes, and went up the staircase. The boy got up. He was handsome.."Hey. I'm Noah." He shook my hand, and I just stared at him. He had black hair, and blue eyes. "You are?" He asked me, and I said, "Juliet."