in another world; ch 39

SUPRISE! :O yes, it is me, i am back from my terrible mini-hiatus, i was really too busy and too lazy to upload.. i didn't really like the way the story was going for like a week as i went back and read it over..i stopped uploading cause i was just like "whatever" but oh my gosh i cannot spell. ahah i really loved reading the comments you guys sent on my message board and even on the chapters! especially the comments from @Moonlightning, she's really sweet. thank you so much. well i hope you guys enjoy this, i'm already working on upcoming chapters. this is a pretty fast chapter, then nexts ones will be focusing on the world with zac, noah, and ryan, and the world with juliet and chasity. the story's ending it in possibly 3-6 more chapters and it's going to be crazy! well, thanks for readin' dis & here is the story :3<3

Juliet’s POV.

I awoke in the morning with a scream. I had a nightmare, and I was now shaking. “Juliet? Are you okay?” someone said. I looked up to see Jonas looking at me. “Yeah, yeah. I’m fine.” I stuttered, and began to sit up. Adrienne’s head was resting on my stomach and I smiled. “Sorry for waking you.” I muttered out quickly. “No problem. I was getting up right now anyway.” Jonas said with a cheeky grin. I let out a small laugh, and began to get up. “You should probably get ready soon. Once the other two are up, it’s going to be like war fighting over the only bathroom.” Jonas said. And with that, I was up slowly. I took a clean pair of clothes, and ran to the bathroom, hearing Jonas laugh.

About an hour later, everyone was ready. Just then, the loud speakers came on. “Ages 4-6, report to the basement. 7-12, get into the Master’s office. 14 and up, out to the fields.” I looked at Alec, and was confused. “What do I have to do?” I asked. “You have to go out in the fields with us. I just need to drop Adrienne off to the basement; I don’t trust any of these bastards around here.” Alec whispered the last part so it was barely audible and so Adrienne could not hear. “Juliet, will you come with me down to the basement?” Adrienne asked, pouting. I smiled, saying “Sure.” Alec nodded. “We’ll meet you guys outside. Come on, Juliet.” Alec said, leading me to the door. I could see Harley sending daggers towards me. I sent him a confused look, and he rolled his eyes at me, muttering something underneath his breath. I walked away, following Alec down the house’s hallways. “So, what are we going to do?” I asked. Alec placed his hands over Adrienne’s ears. “Work our asses off.” He mumbled. “I wish there was a way I could get the Master to only let the older kids to work. I mean, 4 year olds doing adult work? I don’t like that. And I definitely don’t want her to get hurt.” He uncovered Adrienne’s ears. She would never question Alec about it; I guess she was used to her ears being covered since Alec seemed to swear a lot. “This way.” Alec said, leading me down a dark alley. I hesitated before following, but continued anyway. I stayed close behind Alec when he came to a halt. “Why’d you stop?!” I whispered. “They don’t want to see the teens down here. Only the pree’s. Adrienne, go ahead.” I was confused. “They’d think you guys were up to something,” Adrienne whispered, turning to me. I nodded and Adrienne walked off toward the light. Three guards could be seen in the distance, and small kids gathered in the room. “Hurry, let’s get out of here.” Alec said. I nodded again, and bumped into something hard. “Ah, Juliet. Alec. What do you two think you’re doing down here in the basement? Pree’s only.” I could see the Master’s dark grin, but not his eyes, reminding me of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.  “I-- We just wanted to drop Adrienne off. I wanted to make sure she got here safely, it’s my fault.” I quickly said, looking down. “Oh,” The master said. “Well, now you know. Kids aren’t allowed down here. Only the younger ones. Let’s not have this happen again, yes?” Master said. I nodded. “As for you Alec,” He started once again. “I don’t want to see your face down here anymore, or something will really happen to Adrienne.” He spat with venom. I could see Alec stiffen in position, and I could tell he was mad. “Sorry sir,” He mumbled, and began to walk off. The master gave me a swift grin and I felt like ripping off his hood to see his face right then and there. “Sorry,” I also whispered, running off to catch up with Alec.