in another world; ch 40

hi! quick uppie while i restore my iphone!

Ryan’s POV.

I was sitting on the bed, waiting for Chasity to come out of Juliet’s closet. I tapped my fingers on my knees, hoping she’d crawl out any moment now. Nothing. I sighed, getting up, and walking to the closet. “Chasity?” I called out to her, not getting an answer. I opened the door, and she wasn’t there. My stomach dropped, and I could tell something was terribly wrong. “Chasity? Chasity!” I screamed, thrashing around the closet. Before I knew it, my head hit the wall and I passed out.

I stood up, looking around. I was in a ballroom, and it was huge. There were three men in black capes whose back was turned to me. “Damn,” I whispered, and one began to turn around slowly. I got out of there at my inhuman speed and they didn’t even notice me. I was now in a huge hallway, like in an old movie. There were antique paintings and patterns lining the walls, and the hallway was dimly lit. There were doors on both sides of the hallways, and kids were walking back and forth, some even staring at me. “Can somebody please tell me where I am?” I said, looking back at the teenagers and kids. Their faces were pale and they kept walking, completely ignoring me.

Juliet’s POV.

I woke up, yawning and stretching. There was very little light in the room, and I was still exhausted. Someone was moving in the room. “Who’s there?” I whispered. “Don’t worry. It’s just me, Harley.” I sighed, remembering everything he said to me. “Juliet?” Harley’s voice interrupted my thoughts. “Yeah, sorry, what were you saying?” I said back, rubbing my forehead. “I was calling your name for almost 3 minutes. I wanted to say I was sorry.” I froze. Harley, saying he was sorry? “Yeah, I’m sorry too.” I mumbled. I wasn’t sorry. He deserved it. But, if he was willing to put everything that happened between us behind us, they I surely wouldn’t stop him. “I’m serious.” He whispered. “Why do you look at me the way you do? I mean, you look at me like you just want to rip me to shreds. Am I bothering you that much?” I asked, rubbing my eyes. “No. It’s just…” Harley paused. “What, what is it?” I said, becoming angry. “It’s just, you just came here and—and you won the guys over within the blink of an eye!” He shouted, causing Adrienne to jump in my arms. “Shh,” I hissed, and he apologized. “What do you mean?” I added, getting confused. “Alec? He liked you as soon as you walked in the room! Jonas? Him, too! All I’m saying is, I felt you were going to take away the only two friends I had here. I was jealous.” He whispered the last part. “Harley, I barely know any of you and all three of you know each other way better than I do. You shouldn’t be jealous of me.” I said, gently patting Adrienne’s head. “I’m sorry. I just overreacted.” Harley said. I nodded, yawned once more. “Yeah, don’t worry about it.” Before I knew it, I was asleep once again.

Everybody was heading to the café for breakfast. Harley jogged a bit ahead of me, and I held Adrienne’s hand. Chasity held Adrienne’s other hand and Jonas and I bumped hips, laughing. Harley saw me and held the café door open. “Thank you,” I mumbled, looking down, feeling awkward from the talk before I fell asleep again. “Harley, did you go to sleep and wake up with manners?” Alec said in a teasing tone. “Shut up.” He said, smiling. I dragged Adrienne and Chasity over to get their food, and I sighed. Alec saved us a table, and I smiled at him. He motioned with his hands for me to get something to eat. I shook my head. He grinned, nodding his head. I shook my head again. “What are you doing?” Adrienne said in an innocent voice. “Sorry, I was just talking to your brother.” I told her, grabbing a tray of food for her. Chasity had hers, and I looked at Alec. He was pouting. I rolled my eyes, grabbing a tray. We walked to the table quickly while bunches of kids bumped into us. “You’ve finally got something?” Jonas asked, looking at me suspiciously. “Yeah. I am so—“   I stopped talking when the café doors busted open, a familiar kid walking in. He looked around anxiously, as if looking for one person he knew. “Ryan,” Chasity and I both whispered at the same time. Now, Alec, Jonas, and even Harley turned around. Adrienne was even looking. The room was quiet, but you could hear the hushed whispered. I got up slowly, and Ryan’s eyes flickered to mine. I could already feel myself being swallowed whole by his blue eyes and grey flecks. His jaw dropped when he saw me, and he began to slowly walk toward me. I moved away from the table, walking toward him.  His arms quickly wrapped around my waist, bringing me in for a hug. My arms went around his neck, and I grabbed onto him for dear life. “Oh my God,” He whispered, hugging me tighter. The room went back to talking, and I dragged Ryan out the doors with me. I closed the café’s doors and hugged Ryan once more. “How did you get here?” I wiped the tear then fell from my eye. “I missed you.” He whispered, kissing my lips gently. I let out a small gasp, and he removed his lips quickly. He grabbed me for another hug. “How did you get here?” He asked me. “That other night. There were two men in my closet, I don’t know how they got there, but it has something to do with the small sphere way in the back. I walked into my room and they were there, they took me and bought me here.” I said, running out of breath. “How do we get out?” Ryan whispered. “I don’t know!” I cried out. Somebody cleared their throat from behind the both of us. I turned around to see Alexander and his father. I started shaking, feeling the Master’s eyes on me. His grin widened. “You must be new.” He said to Ryan, brushing past me and shaking his hand. Ryan jumped back a bit, and the master grinned again. “Don’t be afraid,” He said in a voice, telling you to definitely be afraid. “Do you know Juliet?” The master asked Ryan. I could see Alexander shift uncomfortable out of the corner of my eye. I looked at him, and he was slightly shaking his head toward Ryan. “No.” Ryan said. “Ah, okay. That’s fine. Jerry!” The master called out. Jerry appeared at his side, as if he just transported there. “Yes, sir?” He said, smiling toward me. I smiled back, and looked at Ryan. “Show Ryan to his room. Make him feel welcomed.” The master said, his grin finally fading.

Noah’s POV.

“Ryan!” I screamed at the bottom steps. His mother was one the phone and she wanted to talk to her son. “Zac, go get Ryan for me.” I sighed. “Sure thing,” He mumbled, running up the stairs. “Mrs. Valentine? He should be coming down any minute.” I put the phone down, turning up the TV. Zac came running down the stairs, but I didn’t see Ryan. Zac put a hand on his forehead. “What’s up?” I asked him. “Ryan. He’s not here. Nor Chasity. They left.” I let out a groan. “What the hell do you mean?!” I shouted. “I don’t know, all I know is that neither of them is upstairs!” He shouted back. “They couldn’t have just left. We would have noticed; they would have told us.” I said, trying to calm down. “Chasity takes her phone everywhere with her.” Zac said. “And? What the hell’s that supposed to mean?” I asked, putting my hands on my hips. “Give me your cellphone, moron!” Zac screamed. “Hello?” I could hear Mrs. Valentine through the phone. I gave Zac my phone. “What are we going to tell her?!” I whispered. “It’s what you’re gonna tell her, not me.” Zac mumbled. I rubbed my hands on my jeans a few times and said, “I’m coming mom!” In a voice that sounded like Ryan. Zac couldn’t help but laugh. I wanted to laugh too, but it would screw everything up. “Hello?” I mimicked Ryan’s voice. “Honey? It’s me. How’s everything?” She asked. “Ma, everything’s okay!” I said. Zac was now rolling on the floor, suffocating himself with laughter. “Who’s that?” She asked. “Mom, it’s just Zac. He’s watching a funny TV show.” I mumbled. “Shut up!” I hissed, moving the phone away from my ear. “Okay, sweetie. If anything’s wrong, you can call me.” I nodded. “Yeah, okay! Tell dad I said hi! Bye mom!” I said, hanging up. I put my head against the wall. “Dude, you sounded just like him!” Zac shouted, laughing. “Haha, oh yeah, I did? Screw you.” I said, giving him the finger. He laughed even harder, dialing a number on my phone. “I’m calling now.” Zac said, sobering up from the giggling fest he just had. Chasity’s phone could be heard ringing all the way upstairs. Zac hung up. “Something’s wrong. Really wrong,” I whispered. Just then, my phone rang. I took it from Zac. “Hello?” I heard the familiar voice. “Mom?” I answered. “Noah, something bad is happening. I need you to come home now.” My real mother said into the phone. “Can I bring a friend?” I asked. “Yes, just hurry.” She said quickly, hanging up. My birth mother never seemed this scared before, and I worried if something was wrong with her. “Come on Zac, we need to go.” I said, grabbing my car keys. “Where are we going?” He asked. “Let’s go, right now!” I screamed, running out the door. Zac jumped into my car, looking around. “Nice ride,” He said, grinning. “Thanks. Her name is Juliet.” I said out loud, and then covered my mouth. “What?” Zac asked. “Nothing. Let’s go.”