Chapter 41

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks, Mom." I said while looking at my reflection at the mirror.

I did look good.

"I am so happy for you, dear." Dad said.

I turned to my Dad and said "That means a lot, Dad."

This is it.

"I'll just have a smoke." I said.

Oops.

"You smoke?" They both said.

"Er, yes." I said.

"Well, you're young. But you have to stop sooner or later or you'll end up having lung cancer. You also have to tell that to Mads. He smokes like a chimney!" Dad said.

"All right, Dad, I will." I said and I headed out the balcony.

I'm feeling very sentimental. This is my last cigarette as a single woman.

I can't believe that I almost ran off and not continue with the wedding.

What a stupid girl.

"Dear.." My mother said peeking to see me outside.

"Yes, Mom?" I asked.

"It's time." She said.

With those word, I felt butterflies inside my stomach. This is it. No turning back. I don't want to and I will never ever turn back.

Mark fetched me inside my room, assisting me, carrying my bouquet. My parents are following us behind.

"Glad you didn't run away?" Mark whispered.

"Totally. Thank you." I said.

"Anything for my best friend." Mark said.

******

Everyone was looking at me. From the concierge to the guests. Someone started to clap and they all started clapping. My cheeks were burning as I bowed down because I was flattered.

From afar I was starting to see the altar at the beach. As I get closer, the faces gets more clearer. I can't believe they all made it.

Then my dad held my arms in preparation to walk me down the aisle. My mom held my other arm.

We were there, In the middle of it all. I was the center of attention. Looking at everyone, they were all smiling and taking pictures of me.

Then, I looked up. 40 feet away from me, stood Mads. He was smiling at me. I can see his face clearly. As I started to walk, I saw tears escaping his eyes.

I started to cry to. I tried not to because it'll ruin my make up. I don't want to look like I had a black eye on my wedding pictures but I laughed at the idea. All I care about was that I was only 10 feet away from the man of my dreams.

He started to wipe his eyes with a handkerchief he took from his suit's inner pocket. He never looked so handsome before. His fave was very defined, his hair was sleeked back.

I can't believe that he's going to be mine. All mine.

Then he shook my father's hand, kissed my mother's cheeks and took my hand and gave me a smile.

He leaned closer to me and said. "You're breathtaking."

I smiled and said. "So do you."

-------------

Exams everywhere!!!!!

Sorry for the short and late update guys!!! :(