Chapter Twenty Four

What? Outside? Here in New York?

"What's he doing outside?" I said, snatching my brother's sleeves.

"Ow! He said he'll just have a smoke. I think he's nervous. Dad hasn't seen him yet." He explained as he straightened his crumpled left sleeve.

"You're expecting him to have dinner with us? I haven't even talked to him yet! Jesus Christ, Carl!!!!" I said.

"Calm down, woman. It's just dinner. Dad won't do anything to him. Trust me." He assured me.

I gave him a big sigh and walked towards the door.

"Hey." Mads said.

I didn't say anything.

"Look, I know you're so mad at me right now and want to beat the shit out of me but listen to me. Yes, I kissed her. But I was drunk. Believe it or not, I was imagining that I was kissing you. This might sound like a lot of bullshit to you. But it's the truth. I went inside the room and she was there. She kissed me and I kissed back. I'm sorry. I don't know what to do when you left. I wanted to punch every wall. I couldn't breathe and I'm serious. I'm sorry. Baby, forgive me." He said waiting for my reply.

"You done?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Get inside, dinner's almost ready."

••••••••••

My Dad was getting down the stairs when Mads and I got inside the house.

Dad stopped when he saw Mads. He studied Mads from afar.

"Who is this?" He asked my Mom.

I couldn't here what my Mom told Dad, but Dad continued walking and went towards us.

"Good Evening, Mr. Anderson, Mads Mikkelsen." Mads offered his hand.

"Mads? You look familiar." Dad said as he shook Mads' hands.

"He's an actor, dear." Mom interrupted.

Mads blushed.

"An actor, huh? And your my daughters boyfriend, I suppose?" Dad asked.

"Yes, sir. I am."

"How old are you, if I may ask?"

"48."

There were a few seconds of silence.

"Aren't you a bit too old for my daughter?" Dad asked, before Mads could answer, the oven went off.

DING!

Oh thank god.

"Let's eat first, Dad. Then we'll talk" I said as I guided everyone to their seats.

Everyone was seated comfortably.

"Before anything else, again, Dad, Mom, this is Mads. Carl, I know you've met him already. Guys, Mads is my boyfriend." I said before opening the wine.

Mads seemed uncomfortable.

"Relax, he's not gonna kill you." I whispered.

"I know, I'm not afraid of your dad, I'm afraid of you. Please don't dump me after dinner." He said.

I didn't reply.

Dad asked a lot of questions about Mads and he finally recognized him for the Bond movie. Dad was shocked and later on, amazed on how we got together.

Mom and Carl were laughing just by hearing the conversation of my Dad and Mads. Dad even threatened Mads that he'll bury him in our backyard if he cheats on me.