Chapter Twenty Five

"So, Mads, when are you coming back to Paris?" Dad asked Mads as he fixed himself and Mads coffee.
"Anytime after New Year's eve, whenever Leia's return is will be mine too."

I don't know though, that sounded sweet to me.

"Oh." I said.

"Why? Don't you wanna go back to Paris together?" He asked.

"Of course I want to, silly."

He turned to my dad and gazed back at me.

My father winked at him and he winked back at my father.

What the hell is going on with these two? A couple of beers last night and they're friends already?

Seriously confused on what was going on.

••••••••

A few days have passed.

We were still at my parents' house.

Carl went to Chicago to celebrate New Year's eve with his girlfriend.

Mom and Dad seemed pretty busy with the business they were planning to take on.

Mads was busy reading a book that he found on my room.

I don't want to seem clingy and disturb him so I just went outside.

New Year's eve tomorrow night.

I thought to myself.

It's the first (and hopefully not the last) time that I'll be spending New Year's eve with Mads. Starting my year with a man I truly love.

"Hey, I heard the door open, you okay? Sorry, I'm really liking this book." Mads said as he raised up my copy of Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh.

"No, I'm fine, I just needed a smoke." I said.

"It's pretty chilly out here, here take my jacket." He said as he lets me wear his hoodie.

"Thanks"

What was I thinking? Going out without a jacket?

"How are you?" I asked him. Out. Of. The. Blue.

He seemed surprised with my question.

"Me? Oh, I'm happy. Genuinely happy. I couldn't ask for anything more." He said placing his hand on my cold cheek.

"Aww. You're just the sweetest. I'm in the same place too. I don't want nobody else. Just you. Believe me, I wouldn't want anyone else but you, Mads. You're the one." I said continuously.

He took a few seconds before saying anything.

Turns out he won't be saying anything.

He just came near me and kissed my forehead then gave me a tight embrace.

These small actions of his are the very reason why I love him. I don't need expensive stuff, a huge house, cars, I just want him. A tiny, cozy house with three kids and a dog. I want to be with him everyday.

I want to grow old with him.

Although that's me.

I just hope he feels the same way too.

•••••••••••••

Woke up to an empty left side of the bed.

Where the hell is Mads?

Ugh.

I went down the dining room and saw Mads talking to my dad. Mom was cooking breakfast I assumed.

"Uhm, Good Morning" I said, continuing to take the last few steps of the stairs.

"Oh, honey, I didn't wake you. Hope that's fine with you." Mads said turning to me.

I gave him a nod.

"Breakfast is ready!!!" Mom shouted out.

We sat across each other.

"Sweetie, your mother and I will be heading out to New Jersey to pick up your grand mother." Dad said as he chewed on his bacon.

"Oh, gram's coming? You'll love her." I said to Mads.

He smiled at me.

"I'm sure I will." He said.

••••••••••

Mads and I spent the entire day fooling around and eating in between.

He gave me this box.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Open it."

It was a small box. A ring box.

WHAT THE HELL?

I mean, I was too scared to open it.

What if it's an engagement ring? What if it's not and I let my expectations go that high?

Is it too early in the relationship.

I opened it and it was a pair of diamond earrings.

I didn't know what to feel. A part of me wants to be proposed to, and a part of me doesn't.

"You like it?" He asked.

I gave him a kiss and a hug.

"It's perfect."
----------------