Chapter 12: Internships

"Mom, I'm just going to have a glass of milk for breakfast!" I tell her. "I should be fine, but I don't want to risk running late for my internship with Endeavour."

"But will that be enough? Here I'll put a slice of toast in an extra lunch box so you can eat on the train," she says. "You're probably going to have a long day today, can't skip the most important meal!"

That was a thing my mom says often. 'Breakfasts are the most important meal of the day.' she would say. 'Many people think that dinner is, but really, its breakfast. Breakfast starts your day, it makes sure you stay energized,' I'm often put in situations that make me skip it, but my mom will almost never let me. Because of her, this habit will probably stick to me even when I'm older.

"Okay, thanks a lot Mom," I say, "Love you!"

"Okay, I'll see you tonight!" she calls out to me.

"Yeah," I say, "Make sure you have a warm huge dinner ready for me once I get back!"

She laughs. "I will,"

I laugh back and run out the door. I'm heading to my internship with Endeavour and I'm feeling absolutely terrified. Not because it's Endeavour and I'm already scared of his hellish training. Not because it's Endeavour's Agency I'm going to this time and not Todoroki's house. But because I'm 110% sure that Shoto will be there too and I haven't been able to think of one good excuse to be there yet. 'What will he think if he finds me there even after I know about his childhood? Would he think I'm heartless and I don't care about what happened to him? Would he think I still like Endeavour?' I think. 'Yeah, he would. He definitely would. I need an excuse...'

I get off 4 or 5 stations later and start walking to Endeavour's Agency. And I still don't have an excuse. I sigh. What do I do...

Okay, this is actually bad. I'm at Endeavour's agency and I don't have an excuse. 'Well RIP me! Nothing I can do now!' I think. and walk into the building with strides filled with confidence.

'It's okay, (Y/n) you may just be overthinking things, Shoto might not even be there!' I think and see an elevator about to close.

"Please wait! I'm getting on too!" I call out and run towards the elevator. Shoto is inside the Elevator. "Uh, actually I may not need to get on..."

"Hey."

"Yes," I say with my head lowered as Shoto pulled me into the elevator. 'He sounds mad...' I think, 'I guess it's only natural...'

"You came here too?" he asks.

"Yeah,"

"That's really cool, I'll get to work with you for the whole week," he says.

"WHAT?"

"Yes?"

"You're not mad?" I say in pure confusion and my head flicks up.

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because you think I'm heartless for coming here even though I know about your childhood and you think I still like Endeavour after actually knowing him and and and..." I say.

"I mean I was really surprised when I saw you just now but I was more worried about you than I was mad. I guess it's only natural Dad would want you at his internship. You have the same quirk as him and your performance was incredible at the sports festival,"

"Thank you..." I say, "Worried? About what?"

"About you having to train so much. His training is hellish. I'm used to it, but I don't want you to have to go through that too," he says, "To be honest, my body may be getting numb. I haven't been training with him since the Sports Festival. Oh, but that's a secret, okay? I think he forgot about my training, so I don't need anyone reminding him,"