Chapter 6: Sports Festival (Race)

After the USJ battle had finished, I went to the hospital and found out that although I had many deep cuts, nothing was broken. I needed a few stitches on my forehead, but other than that, I was okay.

The next day, there was no school so the pro heroes there could tighten up the security system. I stayed home and rested. Just rested.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" My mom asks, her voice soft and with eyes filled with worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine mom. Don't worry about anything. Nothing hurts too much, I'm just a little tired," I lie. Truth be told, everything was sore and I was super tired, but I didn't need my mom to worry more than she already is. She cares for me way too much. I smile. I really am lucky to have such great parents.

"Mom, I'm going to go take a short nap, but if you need me, don't hesitate to wake me up," I say.

"Okay, darling. Rest up," she says and smiles back.

"Thank you,"

And I think it was around 5 pm when I fell asleep but by the time I woke up, it was the next morning.

I run down the stairs.

"MOM, DID I JUST SLEEP FOR LIKE 15 HOURS?" I ask in shock.

"Yeah, you must have been seriously tired (Y/n)," she says.

"Not only that, I'm late. AND OMG TODAY'S THE SPORTS FESTIVAL. How is it that the one day I need to wake up early, I wake up the latest? And how is it that I'm the latest when I sleep for the longest?" I mutter to myself.

I go back to my room, change into my uniform and come down the stairs again.

"'(Y/n), you shouldn't go to school with all those injuries'-- is what I want to say, but I know how much you've looked forward to the sports festival," my mom says.

I laugh and thank her. I shove my breakfast down and run out the door.

"Don't overdo it, honey, I'm still worried about you," my mom says, "But other than that, good luck and have fun!"

I smile. "I will don't worry! Watch me from the TV, okay?"

"I will," she replies.

I run to the train station and get on the train to school.

~~~

"The sports festivals will start in 2 hours so you are free until then. Use your time well," Aizawa-sensei says.

"Uhh, would you maybe have a slight piece of advice to spare to us?" I ask with my expectations at the ground.

"Nope. Work hard. You'll be fine. Good luck guys, if you even believe in it that is," he says.

I sweatdrop. 'I knew he wouldn't give us advice, why did I even ask?' I think.

I decided to do a few stretches, eat a few energy bars and simply rest. I didn't want to waste any energy if I didn't have to.

Right before the sports festival starts, Todoroki and Midoriya are challenging each other. Well, more like Todoroki challenged Midoriya and he refused to be put down. And Bakugou came in. Yeah. He was sad that Todoroki was talking to Midoriya and not him.

"FIGHT MEEEEE!"

'Oh my gosh. Is that all he can say? 'Fight me?' I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.' I think.

Then the announcement turns on.

"THE SPORTS FESTIVAL IS STARTING. STUDENTS, PLEASE REPORT TO THE FIELD,"