Chapter 5: USJ Battle (Part 2)

Todoroki opens his mouth to say something but I feel like it's not going to make me happy so I ignore it.

"I think we should go head towards where everyone else is. Although we got rid of our villains, there may be some people that need more help," I suggest.

"Sounds logical," Todoroki responds and we hear explosions coming from a building.

"Probably Bakugou..." I sweatdrop

"Agreed,"

We decide to head that way since we can't see anyone closer. But I see a flash of green and have an instant gut feeling that it's Tsuyu-chan, and I have a terrible feeling she's in danger. I don't really care if my hunch is wrong, heck, so many things would be better if my hunch was wrong but my hunch is always right. Especially when it's predicting something bad. My hunch is always right. Without hesitation, I sprint back and straight towards the flash of green I saw, and I'm right. It is Tsuyu and a villain was only a mere centimeters away from her. I can't tell what his quirk is, nor can I guess what it could possibly be, but it didn't look good. I run as fast as I possibly can.

'Make it, make it, make it, make it, make it in time!' I think.

All I need to do is push her underwater. If possible kick the villain back, but I just need to make sure she's safe. I push her underwater, activate my quirk on my right foot and kick the villain's hand out of the way.

'I made it!' I thought in happiness and let relief engulf me a little too early. I feel a strong hand wrap around my right foot. I quickly activated my quirk again, but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. 'What? What's wrong with this person? I'm burning their hand! Why aren't they letting go?' I think in panic. That's because it wasn't a person. It was the purple monster. 'What were they calling it, Nomu? I forgot about it. I forgot all about it.' Fear. All I felt was fear. The Nomu lifted me up and threw me to the ground, and repeated that over and over again. I thought that I would scream or cry in pain if anything like this happened. Actually, I probably would in any other situation than this one. But nothing came out of my mouth. Even after being whipped to the ground countless amount of times, nothing came out.

"...(L.../n...)!" Aizawa-sensei called with the power left inside him.

That. That was the reason. It wasn't like I was trying to act tough or anything. Nor was I simply too shocked to say anything. I just didn't feel any pain. The person right in front of me is Aizawa-sensei. Lying on the ground covered in blood, with a cracked elbow. After seeing that, I felt no pain. I didn't even feel anything close to it. Seeing my teacher in front of me like that after protecting us from as many villains as possible, there was nothing I could say. Slam. Slam. Slam. Slam. Slam.

'Okay. This is pathetic alright. What if I die from this? Is that even possible? That would be lame if I did. Super lame. Is there a way I can get him to loosen his grip? Probably not. Not in my current posture at least. Ugh, my head's spinning. Am I gonna have to deal with this until the pro heroes come? Will I last until then? How long will it take until then?'

And then a miracle does happen. The Nomu's grip on my ankle weakens slightly. I struggle out of it and wait for my head to hit the ground for the last time. But it doesn't. I don't know who, but someone must have caught me. Although my head's spinning, I look up and force my eyes to focus. It's Todoroki. He carries me far from the Nomu and the villain.

"Todoroki-kun... I can... run..." I say. This time I'm just acting tough. I don't need to further humiliate myself.

"What are you talking about? You can barely speak!"

I give up and say, "Thank you again, Todoroki-kun. Seems like I owe you another now..."

Todoroki POV

"No, this doesn't count for anything," I say.

"Of course it counts! You just saved my life!" she says.

"then, if it does count for something, can you take it as an apology from me?" I mumble.

"Hmm? What did you say?"

"I said next time something like this happens, you have to at least scream so I can find you more easily. More like why weren't you screaming???"

(Y/n) POV

"Thank you for saving me, Todoroki-kun," I say. "See, you're definitely going to become a perfect hero!"

All Might's here, the pro heroes are here, the villains have fled and everything finally seems to be in place.

Todoroki lends me a shoulder and I limp my way to the entrance.

"Why don't I just carry you?"

"No, I'm heavy it's fine!" she says.

"You're not heavy, come on," he says and gives me a piggyback ride.

"Thank you so much for today, Todoroki,"

"I'm glad I was able to help you. Although I wasn't able to help any of the major things," he says.

I can't help but smile. Little by little, I'm getting closer to Todoroki-kun.

And little by little, I'm starting to fall for him.

(A/N I'm so sorry for the ridiculously short chapter, but 2 updates in a day, YAY! I'll definitely try to make the next ones a little longer. I'm really excited to write about the sports festival so I hope you stay tuned! Hope to cya next chapter. PLUS ULTRA!!!)