Chapter 2

The bell rings to signal the end of the day. I quickly pack up my bag and head for the door and head for the door, but then I see Todoroki.

~Mini Flashback~

"You...have a fire quirk?" he asks

"Yup!" I respond

He simply glared at me without a word.

I didn't know what to do so I said the first thing that came to my mind, but it turns out that that was unbelievably wrong.

"You're so lucky to have the 2nd best hero as your dad! It's Endeavour!" I say,

Todoroki faced me with so much anger in his face, I thought that I was going to die. It might just be me, but I felt like there was a slight bit of pain in the look he gave me. He walked away and I didn't know what I could possibly do. Forget doing something, I didn't know what I did wrong, but I could tell he wasn't happy.

~Mini Flashback Over~

"Todoroki! I-um- I'm sorry!" I say. Yes, I didn't know what I did wrong, but I could tell that I was the wrong one.

He walked away without even looking this way.

I looked down at my shoes and just stood there. I was looking forward to a happy, exciting new high school experience. This is nothing like what I wanted.

"Hey, uh (L/n)? Was that your name? Sorry, I'm not too good with new names..." A girl with brown hair comes to me and says. "Are you okay?"

I look up and face her, "Yeah, I'm okay..."

"That was kind of mean of Todoroki-kun, don't you think?"

"I made him pissed, but I don't know what I did wrong..."

"Then that's not your fault! I mean maybe you might have done something but you didn't know and he didn't tell you... Maybe you can try and ask him the next chance you get!"

"Yeah! Thank you Uraraka-san! That makes me feel so much better! Yeah! This is not all on me is it?"

"Nope! You just have to talk it out!"

"Yeah!" we say and start to laugh.

We talk as we walk to the subway station and we find out about our quirks and that we live quite close to each other.

"Hey, (Y/n), isn't your place this way, since it's close to mine? Why are you going the other way?"

"Oh, I'm heading to the hospital now. I have to get my arm checked up, the scar."

"Scar?"

"Oh so basically, I'm really weird, and my quirk manifested the moment I was born instead of at 4. My fire quirk first lit up in my left arm and my skin wasn't ready for my quirk, so I was left with this scar. Since my quirk manifested so early, I have monthly checkups to make sure nothing's wrong. And although it's really uncommon, early quirk manifestations are not unheard of so they do a bit of checking to see if there's a difference between early manifestations and normal ones." I say.

"Wow, you had your quirk since you were born? Doesn't that mean you're super strong since you're more used to your quirk? Does your scar hurt? Are there any reactions?" She asks.

"First of all, no, it doesn't hurt, sometimes it stings but that's about it, nothing serious has happened. And secondly, I didn't really like my quirk so I would spend all my time on physical training. I only started using my quirk when I first saw Endeavour on TV. It gave me more confidence that I would be able to become a hero, and Endeavour became someone I admire." I explain, "Oh shoot, I should get going!"