Chapter 11

Today's a Saturday and ideally, I was supposed to have training/ coaching with Endeavour, but he was called out to do some work, so I guess you can call it my day off. I was walking around the mall, getting stuff here and there when I bumped into Todoroki-kun.

"Todoroki-kun!" I say, "What are you at the mall for? Are you looking for something?"

"Nothing, in particular, you?" he asks.

"Me neither," I tell him. We end up walking around the mall together, stopping here and there.

"Can we get some ice-cream?" I ask.

"Yeah sure, what flavour do you want?" he asks.

"No, don't, I'll feel bad," I say.

"No, my treat," he replies.

"Okay then, thank you so much!" I say, "Can I have strawberry then?"

We get our ice cream and sit down on a random bench. I start talking to him about random things and all of a sudden he says, "Shoto,"

"Hmm?"

"Call me Shoto," he says blushing a bit.

I look away and simply nod, "Then call me (Y/n), " I say.

"Okay, I will then," he says.

"(Y/n), I think you're my lucky person," he says.

I laugh, "Why is that?"

"My training has gotten so much better since I started talking to you," he says.

I can't help but smile. It makes me so happy. "I'm so glad it's getting better," I say to him.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" he asks, "You look super tired, are you sleeping properly?"

"Yeah, I am, don't worry," I say.

But I have to admit. I'm a little tired.

"How about you, are you feeling better?" I ask.

"Much better."

We keep walking around and talking until a little late.

"See you at school!" I say,

"Yeah, see you," he responds.

~~~

Todoroki POV

I get home and walk in.

"Oh, Shoto, you're back," Fuyumi says to me, "Someone's in a good mood,"

I stop in my tracks and turn around to face. Did I look that happy? I mean I was but did I show it?

"Did you have a date?" she asks in a teasing way.

Wait a sec. Was that a date? I hope so. I really hope so.

"So you did!" she says.

"I don't know if it was a date," I reply.

"It was with (L/n) right?" she says in a teasing manner again.

My face bursts red. "How did you know?"

"Come on," she says, "Don't expect me to forget when you apologized to her in your sleep. You were thinking of her in your sleep Shoto. Sleep."

"Okay, okay I get it," I say embarrassed.

Fuyumi laughs at me, "You like her don't you?"

I think it through. I never thought about it. Oh no. I do like her. I like her a lot. I like her so much. I put a hand over my mouth.

"Yeah. I like her. I like her a lot-- she's super nice and she's cute," I say and walk to my room. "And she told me that I could be a perfect hero. She made me think my fire quirk was good, she moved me. She has the power to move people. And her flames are absolutely beautiful. They're breathtaking."

I can see Fuyumi gasp and smile from the corner of my eye.

I can feel my face blushing as I fall on my bed. 'I really hope today was a date,' I think.

Fuyumi POV

I wish I could tell (Y/n)-chan. How happy she would be. But I won't do that. It's special because it comes from Shoto. I hope Shoto mans up and confesses soon.

I can't help but laugh. They're so cute. But Shoto's right. She has the power to move people. I don't think she's noticed, but I can tell that little by little, Dad has gotten nicer, rounder, more laid-back. I can tell (Y/n)'s been changing him. The vibe of happiness and reassurance she gives is unbelievable.

(Y/n) POV

"Oh, honey you're back," my mom calls.

"Yeah," I say, "I'm hungry, do you have dinner?"

"Yes I do," she says and brings me some curry.

"Ooooh," I say, "It's curry!"

"What did you do today?" she asks.

"I went to the mall and I bumped into Todoroki-kun," I tell her, "so we went around together and he got me ice cream,"

"Oh so that's why you're so happy," she says.

"D-did I seem that happy?"

"Oh come on, you're smiling off your face," she says. "At least it seems like you had a fun date,"

"Date?" I say, "Wait do you think it was a date?"

"I don't know... I wonder," she says.

"I hope," I start, "I really hope it was a date."

"Do you like him?"

"Yeah," I say embarrassed. "I like him a lot. I like him a lot more than I thought I would."

My mom smiles. "I'm glad you seem happy,"

I smile.

"I hope today was a date," I say, "I wish today was a date."

'I hope Shoto's just as happy about today as I am,' I think but then I smile sadly.

'I know that that's probably not going to happen. He can't like me, don't get ahead of yourself, (Y/n). Don't get ahead of yourself and get hurt later on,' I think.

(A/N Doumo Minasan! 4th chapter! Woohoo! I'm sorry this chapter was short and more like a filler chapter. I wanted to add a few more Todoroki x Reader moments but looks like I suck at it, *cue the sweatdrop* This is probably the last chapter I will write on this plane ride, I'm slightly tired after 4 consecutive chapters. I don't know when I'll next be able to update, but I hope to update soon! I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to see you next chapter! PLUS ULTRA!!!)