Chapter 23: Waiting for Elsa

Jack's POV
We were in the living room, playing videos games waiting for the girls to come back from their mission.
"Hang on, Anna's calling", Kristoff said answering his phone. He walked away while we continued our game.
"What!!", I heard Kristoff yell from the kitchen. "We're on our way".
"What's up Kris?", Eugene asked him.
"Elsa's been shot, Lynch Hospital".
Elsa. No. I ran to the garage and hopped on Elsa's bike. We sped to the hospital. I can't believe I wasn't there to protect her. I hope it isn't bad.
We got to the hospital and we raced inside.
"Elsa Delle", Naomi said to the receptionist.
"Floor 6, Room 21B".
We ran to the stairs and raced to her room. A lot of people were staring at us since we were 6 teenagers racing through the halls at a hospital, but I didn't care. I just needed to see Elsa. We got to her room where Anna, Punzie, and Mer were sitting.
"Where is she?", I asked them.
Punzie held up her shaky hand and pointed to the curtains. I slowly walked over and moved the curtains aside to see Elsa. But when I saw her, my heart shattered into a million pieces.
She was laying there with two different tubes running out of her arm, an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose, she had another tube running out of her stomach. I knew she was strong, but I don't know how strong she is now. She was in a sleep that looked like she was dead, and that's what scared me the most about this situation. I walked over in a chair beside her and held her hand. Then we heard a knock at the door. I looked up to see Walt, Dimitri, and Tadashi.
"Oh my god, my sweet little Elsa", Walt said walking towards me and Elsa.
"How is she?", Tadashi asked.
"We don't know, she's been sleeping ever since she got out of surgery", Mer said.
We heard another knock on the door. It was a nurse.
"Hi, well I have very good news for you guys. Elsa's surgery went extremely well. And thanks to her sister, she did not lose an immense amount of blood", said the nurse.
I saw Anna's frown turn into a smile.
"She will be here for five days at the most, she'll go home while her stitches heal, which should take about a week to 2 weeks. But for now she is not allowed to participate in anything physical. So no gym, no sports, nothing that could risk popping her stitches", she explained. "She should wake up any moment now. The anesthesia should be starting to wear off".
"Thank you", Walt said shaking her hand.
We waited for about 20 minutes when I suddenly felt my hand being squeezed, along with a groan.
"Elsa?", I asked.
"Hi babe", she sounded raspy and completely exhausted.
I got up from my seat and hugged her.
Once everyone hugged her, we asked how she felt.
"Like a complete piece of shit".
We laughed. We brought her some water, but she said her stomach hurt too much to eat anything.
Slowly, everyone started to head back home until it was just me and Elsa.
"Aren't you going home?", she asked me.
"Nope, I don't leave until you do".
She smiled. "You're too good for me".
"No I'm not, I'm just being a good boyfriend because my beautiful girlfriend is lying in a hospital bed".
"Please promise me you'll get some sleep if you're going to stay here with me".
"I promise".
She smiled at me and within minutes she fell asleep again. I just wish I could've been there to protect her from that gun. What kind of a boyfriend am I? She doesn't deserve me.
I slowly started to fall asleep and I had a true nightmare. We were on a mission and me and Elsa were in this large black room. All of a sudden, we were surrounded by like 50 men. We fought them off and stood there for like 5 seconds.
"Ok, let's go help the others", Elsa said walking away.
I don't know what I was doing, but I pulled out my gun and shot Elsa three times. She turned around slowly and looked at me with confusion and horror. I could feel myself smiling. She walked over to me slowly and just fell on the floor. And then I started laughing in a psychotic tone.
I shot awake and looked around me. I was still at the hospital. I looked at Elsa, who was still sleeping soundly in the bed. I sighed in relief. I looked at the clock on the wall and it read 3:45. I went back to sleep and I didn't dream of anything else that night.
In the morning - 7:30 am
I woke up to the sound of Elsa talking to someone. I sat up and looked over to see her talking on the phone. She looked at me and smiled.
"Jack just woke up", she said into the phone. "Ok, talk to you later, bye".
"Who was that?".
"Karai, Moana told them about me being shot and she wanted to know how I doing".
"Well that's nice of her".
We talked for about another hour until the gang came in.
"Hey Elsa, how are you?", Punzie asked.
"A bit better, but could you heal me once I get out of here?", Elsa asked.
"Yeah, because you'll be stubborn and do something physical until I do it".
Anna and Mer laughed.
Time Skip 4 days later (because I'm lazy like that)
Elsa's POV
I finally got out of the hospital. Thank god. We went home and Punzie used her hair to heal me and took the stitches out. It hurt like hell, but I felt better once it was all out. I did have two scars from the bullet holes, but I didn't care, I thought they were pretty cool.
A couple weeks passed by with school and training, but nothing special. Jack has been seriously paranoid ever since I got shot. He was like a second shadow, just walking behind me all the time. We were walking through the halls when we saw the prom poster. We had completely forgotten about prom.
"Oh my god, we need to go shopping for dresses", Anna said.
"The boys haven't even asked us yet", Naomi said.
"Who gives a shit, I wanna go", Anna protested.
"Ok, we'll go after school", I said.
"Yes".
After a boring school day
That was weird, none of the boys were in school today. What are they up to? Never mind. We got on our bikes and headed to the mall for Anna. We decided to go to Boscov's first since we always find everything we like there.
After about 20 minutes, we found 'the dresses'.
(I'm just gonna put pictures up instead of describing what they look like)