Chapter 20: Accepting Naomi

Naomi's POV

It's the day after the fair and I haven't texted Tadashi yet. I want to text him, but I don't want to seem too eager. But it has been a day. The one thing I'm worried about him finding out what I truly am. I really like him and I don't want that getting in the way.
My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my phone buzz. To my surprise, it was Tadashi.
(This is the conversation)
T- Hey Naomi
N- Hi Tadashi
N- What's up??
T- I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today??
N- Sure, where and when?
T- At the park in an hour?
N- That works for me
T- Ok, I'll let you get ready. See you later:)
N- Bye
I was grinning so big, that one might think I was the Cheshire Cat.
I walked downstairs to find no one. So I checked the theater room and everyone was there watching The Lion King.
"Umm, girls", I said nervously.
Everyone turned around.
"Hey Naomi, what's up?", Punzie asked me.
"Tadashi asked to hang out and I was wondering if you guys would help me pick out an outfit?".
The girls scrambled out of their seats and ran up to the walk in closet.
"Ok, where are you guys going?", Anna asked.
"The park".
"What about this?", Elsa asked. It was a gray crop top that resembled a wool sweater.
"I like that", I said pointing to it.
"Oh and these", Mer said. She was holding up a pair of washed out, light blue denim shorts.
"Yes", I said.
"What's the temperature outside?", Moana asked.
Elsa pulled out her phone and read, "70 degrees with a slight breeze.
"We need a cute cardigan", Punzie said. We looked for one for about 4 minutes until I came across one that I liked. It was a cream color and it looked like my favorite comfy blanket.
"I found one I like", I said holding it up so the girls could see.
"Ok, shirt, shorts and cardigan. We need shoes now", Anna said running to the shoe rack.
"How about these?", Punzie asked. She was holding up a pair of white high top converse.
"Perfect", I said.
I also found a cute pair of socks that looked like my top and they would stick out a little over the tops of my shoes. We got to my room and I put on my clothes. Not only did I look incredibly cute, it was an overall very comfy outfit to wear. I walked out of the bathroom to see the girls in a straight line.
"You look so cute Naomi", Mo said to me.
"Thank you".
"Ok, how do you want your hair?", Punzie asked.
"Just straightened please".
She nodded and plugged in her straightening iron.
"How do you want your makeup done?", Els asked.
"Can I have a simple Smokey eye with just mascara?".
"Of course".
"Do you want your nails painted?", Anna asked.
I nodded and told her lime green.
Time Skip - 30 minutes later
"Thanks guys". I felt so pretty after the girls fixed me up. And I had put on my Yin and yang necklace.
"No problem", Elsa said.
"Oh geez, I should probably start heading to the park, I'll see you later", I said grabbing my mini backpack and running to the door.
"Bye Naomi", I heard them say as I ran to the garage.
I got my helmet on, started my bike and raced to the park, to see Tadashi. In the back my mind I was wondering... Will he truly accept me for what I really am?
Tadashi's POV
I was standing in the park by a lamppost waiting for Naomi. I really hope she shows up. About 10 feet away, I see a black motorbike pull up. The driver gets off and removes their helmet. It was Naomi, and she looked beautiful. She was wearing a gray crop top with a cream long sleeve cardigan, washed out shorts and white converse. She straightened her hair and had on Smokey makeup.
"Hey, you look beautiful", I said to her.
"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself". She smiled. She was so pretty when she smiled.
"Shall we?", I asked her holding my hand out.
"We shall". She took my hand and intertwined her fingers with mine. We walked down the path of the park when we came across an ice cream truck.
"You wanna get some?", I ask her.
"Oh my god yes". She looked just like a child.
"Which flavor do you want?", I ask.
"Umm, mango", she answered.
I went up and ordered a mango for her and a cookie dough for me.
"Thank you", she said licking the treat.
"You're welcome".
We walked on top of a hill once we finished our ice cream. And just sat there in silence looking at the sun starting to set.
"Naomi, are you okay?", I asked her. She had been really quiet lately and she seemed off.
She sighed and looked at me with a seriousness in her eyes.
"Ok, I'm going to tell you something and I understand if you want to leave", she started saying.
"I'm not going anywhere, no matter what it is, I promise", I said holding her hand.
"Don't make promises you can't keep". She took in a deep breath looked me straight in the eyes. She was scared about how I would react. And she said, "I'm not a real person".
I was confused when she said that. "What do you mean you're not a real person?".
"I mean, I'm not real, I'm a hologram. Punzie made a bracelet that can project a 3D hologram that can move, act, sound, even feel like a real person. So, they made me. Moana is real, but I'm just her twin hologram", she explained.
I was shocked by what she just said to me. Shocked, but I still love her. It didn't matter to me that she was a hologram, she is a nice person, and I like that about her.
"I understand if you wanna leave, I don't mind", she said hiding her face with her hands.
I grabbed her hands and made her look at me. "Naomi, it doesn't matter to me if you're a hologram or not. I think you're a beautiful person inside and out". And I meant it.
She smiled at me warmly and embraced me in a hug. I hugged her back. She started to let go and I looked into her beautiful eyes. I realized how close we were and before I knew it, she kissed me. I started kissing her back. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her closer.
We stayed like that for about 5 minutes and broke apart for air. She smiled at me and I smiled back.
"Thank you", she said.
"For what?", I asked her.
"For accepting me and for being an amazing person".
"Anytime, are you ready to go?", I ask.
She nodded and we walked to her bike hand in hand.
I kissed her goodbye and she was gone.
I walked to my car and drove home, to find my little brother sitting on the stairs.
"So, how was it?", Hiro asked.
"Amazing".
"Did you kiss her?".
"Yeah".
"Aww, my big bro is finally happy".
"You have no idea".
Naomi's POV
I barely took a step inside the door when I was bombarded by the girls. They asked me about the date and I told them every little detail. "He's just perfect".
"Oh my god, cuteness overload", Anna exclaimed jumping up and down.
We laughed at her and I went to my room. I pulled out my phone and looked at the picture of me and Tadashi eating our ice cream. I smiled. I brushed my hair, slipped into my pajamas and crawled under the covers and dozed off. I finally know what love felt like. And was the best feeling in the world.