Chapter 8

Braxon

After dinner, Carter comes in and immediately rolls his eyes upon seeing me. "What?" I ask and he just scoffs before walking into the bathroom. "Whatever then." I mumble before going back to talking to Sam on the phone. "What's wrong?" He asks softly. "Carter is mad at me." I sigh. "Why?" "I don't know... But can I text you? I have to do something." "Yeah, but you better actually text me this time. You suck at texting." "I promise I will." I laugh. "Okay, fine. Bye." Sam hangs up and I pull my hair in a pony tail before grabbing my suitcase and putting all of my stuff in it. I write a note for everyone before quietly exiting the room and my phone vibrates as I step into the elevator.

Sammy: Will you be ok?

Me: Yea, I'll be fine.

I hate lying to Sam but I can't tell him I'm leaving or he'll try to stop me. When I exit the hotel, I hail a cab and climb in, telling him to go to the nearest train station.

Carter

I walk out of the bathroom after my shower and when I do, I see a note on Braxon's night stand.

Guys,

I can't deal with everything so I left. I'm sorry I didn't say bye but it would have been too hard and I didn't want you to attempt to stop me. I love you guys. Please don't try to get ahold of me because I won't be answering any calls or texts from anyone but JJ, and when I get home I'll be changing my number. I'll miss you guys but I can't deal with feeling like a whore, so this is my goodbye.

-Xx Braxon

I run out of the room and straight into Gilinsky and Johnson's room. "Guys, Braxon is gone." "Gone? What do you mean gone?" Johnson asks in confusion and I hold up the note. "I fucking knew we shouldn't have brought her!" Gilinsky exclaims. "G, man, this is serious. She's going back to Omaha alone." They share a look before suddenly running out of the room. I follow in confusion, pushing to keep up.

Braxon

I get out at the train station and walk inside to buy my ticket. It's buzzing with life. Business men and women heading home from their Wall Street offices, homeless people begging for change, parents on date night, single mothers with more than one child. "Hi, I need a ticket to Omaha, Nebraska." I tell the Greyhound lady at the bus depot desk. "That'll be $376." She responds in montone without glancing up once. I hand over my debit card and after she charges me and puts in my information, she hands me my card and ticket. "Braxon!?" I hear someone yelling my name and turn around. JJ, Carter, and Jack are standing in the middle of the train station shouting my name and frantically asking people if they've seen me. An elderly lady I was behind in line points Jack in my direction and he runs over to me. "What the hell, B?? You scared the fuck out of me and J." He reprimands me before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. "I love you so much, and you really scared me." "You know, nothing about last night changed my mind about us breaking up." I tell him as I pull away. "I know and I'm okay with that. I understand that I have to gain your trust back." JJ and Carter jog over to us and JJ sighs a breath of relief, "B, if you ever disappear like that again I swear-" "Shut up, JJ. I'm fine, ok?" "Well, I didn't know that! You wanted to go back to Omaha alone on a bus." He glowers at me, "You're so lucky I'm not telling mom and dad." "You should tell them. Braxton's clearly lost her fucking mind." Carter lets out. "I'll handle Braxon, you don't worry about it." Jack shoots Carter a warning look. "What's that supposed to mean? You'll "handle" me?" I whip my head around to look at Jack. "It means that you're my business, not his." "Last time I checked she's not your girlfriend anymore." Carter retorts. "I don't care, Braxon's business will always be my business regardless."