Chapter 7

Braxon

"Brax, I have a question!" I turn around to find Sammy walking up to me. "Sure thing, Wilk. What's up?" He gestures me to follow him and leads me to a fire escape at the end of the hall. "What is it?" "What's going on with Jack and Carter and the others?" He asks, sounding concerned. Sam has always been one of my best friends since he's always around. "Well, Jack and I aren't getting back together and I don't know what you mean about the others." I answer. "You know he loves you, right, B?" I shrug and he puts his arm around me, "He does. You know he does." "Then why would he cheat on me when I was right next door?" I ask as I look down and start playing with my hands. "I don't know...I didn't even know he did that." He informs me and I don't say anything in response. "Hey hey hey...Brax look at me." He raises my chin up, making me look at him. When our eyes meet, he leans in and so do I. Our lips meet in the middle and I'm surprised by how soft his lips are. Our lips continue to move in sync and he pulls me closer. "What the hell??" We pull away and JJ is standing in front of us, arms crossed. "Hey, JJ..." I blush, tucking a stray hair behind my ear. "Are you guys, like, together now?" "No, it was just in the moment." Sam assures him and for some strange reason, I feel hurt by that. "Okay..well, we have sound check for Magcon..." He trails off and we nod. After another moment or so of the awkward silence, he turns around and walks off, leaving Sam and I where he found us.

After sound check, we all decide to go out to eat at TGI Friday's across the street from the hotel. Literally all of us and it's so weird that Mahogany and I are the only two girls here. "So, I saw something interesting before sound check today." Dillon lets out, smirking in my direction. "Yeah, it was on the fire escape." He continues after no one speaks, looking in Sam's direction. "Dillon." Sam warns. "But, you know, it's not as interesting as the elevator this morning." He adds, looking at Hayes. "Dillon!" Hayes snaps and Aaron whistles akwardly. "Well... What was it?" Carter asks curiously. I stand up from my chair and walk over to Dillon's. "Welllllll it was-" I grab his ear and pull him out of his seat, "Move it, Rupp." I pull him over to a secluded area and slap his arm, "What is your problem Dillon??" I question. "My problem? I'm not the one who's breaking the law by making out with a 14 year old and then kissing my ex's best friend!" He shouts, causing a few strangers to look at us. "You are such a dick." I roll my eyes. "I am what I have." He replies. "More like what you suck." I retort, rolling my eyes again and walking back to the table. "So, Sam, do you know what I saw on the fire escape before sound check?" Dillon asks when he takes his seat again. "If it's the same thing I saw, you better not say anything." JJ warns him. "So, I thought you guys would like to know that Sam and Braxon kissed." Dillon announces. I push my chair away from the table and storm out, much like I did at breakfast this morning. "Braxon, where are you going?" Mahogany runs after me, trying to keep up because she's in heels and I'm in converse. "To the hotel, Mahogany, I can't do this. I should just go home to Nebraska." I cry. "Braxon, please don't. Come on." "Mahogany, you just don't understand. After I found out Jack cheated, I turned into someone that wasn't me. I had sex with Carter, I told Hayes we could attempt a relationship knowing it won't work, and something weird went down last night... I can't handle all of this." I explain, pushing my room door open and flinging myself on the bed. I break down, I'm talking about full-on Kim Kardashian ugly cry. "Braxon, let me in." I hear from the other side of the door. Mahogany opens the door and Hayes walks in the room, "Can we talk...?" He asks and I nod. "What is going on with you and Sam?" "Nothing. We were talking and it just happened. Like Sam said to JJ, it was just in the moment." I assure him and he looks at me strangely, "Somehow I don't believe you have no feelings for Sam." I roll my eyes, "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I can't say that I don't because the kiss was too short to be able to tell anything." "Well, you need to figure it out and get back to me."