Ep 19 - Curse [Ch. 4]

(Arc 2 - Chunin Exams - pt 5)

•<>•<>•<>•

Forest of Death

Sasuke slowly opened his eyes and stared at the sky. It was dark and he could see the moon, just sitting there among the twinkling stars.

He laid for a minute, gathering his thoughts before he remembered what had occurred before he fell asleep.

At that, he elbowed his way into a sitting position, and stared at Sakura, who was nearby, holding a rag in her hands, wrincing it out.

Sasuke then spotted Naruto to his left, where he looked like he was staring at something. A piece of paper?

"Sasuke! You're up! How do you feel?"Sakura yelled over, slightly startling the Uchiha.

He looked over at Sakura, who was rushing in his direction. "I dunno, kinda feel like crap..." He said, rubbing at his temples. "How long was I out?"

Sakura kneeled by his side. "Well, I think you've been out for about two hours? Naruto woke up just ten minutes ago. The two of them looked over at Naruto, who was still immersed in that piece of paper. Sakura sweatdropped. "Though since he woke up, he's been weirdly obsessed with that sheet of paper. Haven't been able to get him to rest properly." She sighed.

Just as Sakura said that, Naruto stood up and folded the paper that was in his hands. He held it in front of him and he formed a one-handed Tora hand seal, causing the paper to go up in flames. He calmly walked over to Sauske and Sakura, plopping down onto the ground cross-legged, he gave Sasuke a losided smile as he folded his arms. "Finally decided to wake up, huh, Sasuke?"

Sasuke let out a small 'hmph'. "It's not like you woke up a lot earlier than I did."

Naruto playfully punched his arm. "Haha, shut up."

Sausuke then put his hand on his neck. "So what are we gonna do about these things?" 

"We should be fine. I sealed the power and supressed its contuation of evolvtion. It shouldn't be a problem. Though, letting out large amounts of chakara feeds that mark, so It's better to not do that, to be on the safe side. It could break through the seal like that. Don't realy wanna let that thing taking over your body, do we?" Naruto let out a laugh. 

"Oh, well ok. whatever you say." Sasuke pushed himself off the ground. He felt a lot better than he did about two hours ago. He still felt a bit nauseated. "We should get going. I'd rather be in the finishing tower thatn be out here."

Sakura also got up, gathering all of thier paraphernalia. Naruto followed suit, and in a minute, they were off.

•<>•<>•<>•

Naruto

Naruto was glad that they made it back to the tower without any truouble. Team 7 had made it through the second round of the Chunin Exams. 

That afternoon, the fox that he had sent off to a certain person had come back with a return letter. Naruto had anxiously read through the letter.

Naruto...

     It seems that you know I am a rouge. I was drawn to you in that gloomy village, but now I know that it's because both you and I are Jinchuriki. I'm glad that you reached out to me, but I haven't decided to trust you yet.