Ep 6 - Contradiction

(Arc 0 - Captured - pt 3)
•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Akatsuki

6 days had passed since Naruto had gone to the Akatsuki base. Though it might sound like a long time, it passed quickly for Naruto.

The Akatsuki members helped him train and hone his taijutsu and ninjutsu skills. One time even took him on to a mission during their time together.

Naruto loved the Akatsuki and didn't want to leave the end of the week. He got to know everyone in thesr short days,  and they really warmed up to him.

Tomorrow, Naruto had to leave for the Leaf.

"You know,  you could still declare that you are a rouge now, couldn't you?  Then you don't have to return to the Hidden Leaf Village." Black Zetsu suggested.

Naruto was wearing an Akatsuki cloak sitting with his legs dangling out on the windowsill of their new base they had recently moved into. Naruto leaned on his hands he put on the edge of the windowsill. He frowned at the suggestion Zetsu had made.

"You know, I could do that. But since this spying mission is for the good of the Akatsuki,  I'll do it." Naruto replied.

"It was just and alternative option that was still a choice you can make."Black Zetsu said.

Naruto smiled slightly. "Thanks for caring, Zetsu."

Black Zetsu tilted his head. "It doesn't matter." He said, before sinking into the ground.

Kurama,  it's just like Black Zetsu said. I could just tell the Leaf I've gone rouge.  I'd rather be here than return to the Academy in Konoha. I'm not sure what to do.

You said you'd be a spy when you first came to the Akatsuki. You should stick with what you say.

Naruto closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. "I want to stick with the Akatsuki no matter what happens. I want to help the Akatsuki." If this benefits the Akatsuki, I should do it. Naruto opened his eyes with determination. Konoha, I'm coming back.

•<><><>•

Konoha - Next Day

The Hokage's office was busier than usual days. This was the day to meet their unseen enemy. It was their chance to get a glimpse to their possible future threat,  as well as getting their only Jinchuriki back to the village.

People came and left all day and all that the Hokage was thinking about was the later encounter they would have later in the day.

We're coming for you, Naruto. So please stay safe. You'll be back soon.

At that moment, Kakashi Hatake walked in the room. He quietly shut the door behind him as he walked in the Hokage's Office.

"So it's going to happen tonight."Kakashi said eventually,  after a short moment of silence.

Lord Third grimaced and placed his head onto his hand,  leaning against the table. "We'll be confronting the enemy tonight." his expression so darkened."I was concerned about tracking the enemy because of what they could do. They managed to sneak in undetected twice. How did they do it?"