Ep 11 - Chances

(Arc 1 - first mission - pt 2)
•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Sauske

"We're almost there." Sauske said.

"U-uh yeah!"Sakura stammered before looking down and refocusing on her footsteps.

A few seconds later, they saw the Konoha's gates in front of them. Sakura waved to the guards without stopping their run.

The two made their way to the Hokage's building, rushing up the steps and down the halls before stopping in front of Hiruzen's office.

Sauske knocked and waited.

"What is it? I'm busy" Lord Third said.

"We have a report from Kakashi, IM coming in now." Sauske opened the door.

Lord Hiruzen stared at them for a second."what is it?

"Something is not quite right about the mission we have. The two of us came here to tell you about it." Sauske started. "The mission that was given wasn't from anyone in the village that we headed to. And the twin itself is in a bad state, they're barely scraping by."

Sakura continued. "Naruto and Kakashi are staying behind to do some digging around, and hopefully get the townspeople to tell us what's up in their village."

"The mission request wasn't from the town head?" Lord Hiruzen sighed. "I'll send some chunin or jounin to investigate this situation. Meanwhile, I'll have to call Naruto and Kakashi back to the village."

"Sir!" Sakura replied.

Lord Hiruzen rubbed his chin. "This situation is most peculiar..."

•<>•<>•<>•

At the small town

"This town is called Chihana, huh?" Naruto said.

Kakashi and Naruto sat across from each other up on a pathway on the mountain that was located right next to the small town. They had laid a map on the ground in front of them and were currently looking for any area that would seem the most suspicious, or the area their culprit would be hiding.

"Yeah, this town has a unique red flower that grows on their land, and covers the grass. It doesn't do anything special and it's lifespan is short, so these flowers were never really popular." Kakashi said, arms crossed.

What do you think this is, kit? What are you going to do?

Well, first I want to see if my hunch is correct and then we'll see, Kurama. I have a feeling I know what's happening.

Naruto stood up. "I'm going to the field right here." - Naruto pointed at the location. - "I have a feeling about this place. Let's go!"

There? That's where the flowers grew. What the point in seeing that place?

"Well, fine. Since we don't have much of a lead, might as well start on a hunch." Kakashi stood as well, rolling up the map in his hand.