CHAPTER 25: Thought It Would Have Worked

RHYDON

I contacted the Elders from each council and they all agreed to meet up today. I told them it was an emergency and that it had to do with Gemma.

Gemma was really nervous as was I but I hid it better.

When we pulled up in front of the familiar building of the Wolf Council, I took hold of her hand before walking towards the guards outside the doors.

"It's gonna be okay." I try and reassure her.

"Yeah." She smiles at me and I give her a kiss and we start heading inside.

Before I enter the room where they all are, I have Gemma wait outside but she stops me.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah it's just, maybe we should go in together. We really don't have time to waste. Besides, they'll know soon enough." She tells me.

"If you want baby." I smile at her and take hold of her hand again before we open the doors and begin to walk into the room towards the center of the room where all the Elders are at waiting.

They look at her mostly of course because she has been missing for a while and don't know about her staying with me but it's making her feel a little bit uncomfortable.

"Is it really you Gemma?" The Head of the Witch Council asks in shock as she stares at Gemma, while tearing up.

"Yes, it's really me. Look, there's so much that has happened to me and thanks to Rhydon and our pack, I have recovered. Not just physically and mentally, but my memory as well. I remember who took me and what he's done and plans to do." Gemma starts to explain.

"And who is that?" The Elder of the Wolf Council asks.

"His name is Paine. He's the creature that is responsible for the latest attacks. He has a right hand guy named Graham. Both of them are capable of a lot of things and both have the same agendas." Gemma starts to explain.

"Paine? Oh my god." One of the Elders says.

"What?" I ask them. "You know who she's talking about?" I asked.

"Yes. Nobody else has that name except for the creature we had always hoped would never come back. He has the abilities of us all combined. I guess our suspicions were true." The head Elder of the wolf council states.

"What do you mean?" Gemma asks him.

"Don't worry about it. We'll take care of it." He tries to assure us both.

"Sir, forgive me but what exactly are we dealing with?" I asked.

"It's not any of your guys' concern." He says.

"But it is. He tried turning into what he is and then tried using her for her abilities to become stronger I'm sure. So I'm pretty confident in believing he would try and come after her." I tell them. "So tell us."

The councilmen and women look at one another before looking back at us.

"Alright. We can tell you in how to defend yourselves but as far as trying to go after him yourselves, just leave it to us and if you see him, tell us." He says.

"But.." I start to say until he stops me.

"That's the deal. I suggest you take it." He tells me.

"Fine. Tell us what you all know in how to defend ourselves." I say irritated as I feel defeated.

They begin describing certain things and then afterwards, we start heading back into the car to head home.

"Well, they were not telling us everything." Gemma states as soon as I start driving.

"Yeah I know. That's why I'm frustrated." I tell her while gripping the steering wheel. "I thought for sure if after they saw you they would let us tell them more and them tell us more information too. Because I have a feeling they're gonna need us."

"I know they will. But since they want to be set in their old ways and stubborn, I think we should try and figure things out ourselves and prepare. I already know his plans and..." She started saying but I stopped her.

"What about this guy, Graham?" I asked suddenly remembering her mention that name in there.

"He's like his right hand guy. He would know just as much as me maybe even more since he has been with him for many years." She suggests.

I suddenly get interrupted by a mind link coming from Corwin telling us to hurry home.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)