Chapter 12

It's only been a few days since Davis died and it doesn't feel real. I'm still waiting for him to come threw the front door with boxes of pizza, claiming that he flirted his way into getting them for free. But it won't happen, never again.

Logan walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around me, resting his hands on my over grown stomach, that I'm just now noticing that because of it, it's hard to put on my pants and my feet are starting to swell. "It's time to go," he whispers, resting his chin on my shoulder, looking like a broken man-which of course isn't normal for him. He's strong, confident, an ass a good amount of the time, protective, and make's me feel so loved, that it some times scares me, because there been some cases, I don't know what he would do when a threat comes at us.

Shaking my head, I turn around in his arms, he raises his head, but keeps his arms around me. There only slight distance between us, because of my stomach. "Tell me it's a lie, and we didn't lose him." I whisper to him, hating this broken feeling. Davis and I known one another for so long, fought together, been sharp shooters together and also been at one another throats for one reason or another.

He kisses my forehead and I can't help but lean into his touch, knowing this is all to real for all of us. "I wish I could," he whispers.

Someone knocks on the door. "Mom says its time to go," the twins say at the same time, and by the sound of their feet, they are walking away from our room.

Looking up at him, I try to smile as best as I can. "If we end up having twins, first go around, I hope they learn to knock before coming into our room."

Logan smiles at me, wrapping his arm around my waist, ushering us out of our room. "You know that will never happen. Nice thought though." He says softly, as we go to the elevator where the twins are waiting on us.

<><>

You would think it would be raining outside, like today. But it's not and somehow, seeing the casket with Davis body in it, makes it feel like the heavens can't even cry for him. Not one, freaking light rainy shower!

"Davis J. Phal, was taken from us to soon, just like any young person. Never getting to excel like they were meant to. We greave for this man, as a friend and family, but as our hearts are broken, we know he is at peace."

My hands grip in my lap, because what he's saying none of us know if is true, none of us know if he is at peace.

Logan rests his hand on mine and whispers against my ear. "You okay?"

"I don't feel good is all, we'll stay till it's over." I whisper back to him.

He shakes his head, leans away and keeps his hand over mine.

<><>

We get back home after the serves a little while later and it still doesn't feel real, even after they put the casket in the ground. Logan has been glued to me, always making sure I'm okay and touching me here and there. "Go take a bubble bath and rest, I'll bring you some food." He tells me, after the closes the front door behind us.

Shaking my head, I go to elevator and ride it up to our room. Soon as I walk out of the elevator, my phone rings. Digging out of my bag, the caller I.D. reads it's from the jail, so it could only be one person. Answering it, there a scowl set on my face. "Give me a reason, not to pay of a cook to slip some form of drug into your food, that it kills you in your first bite." I snarl threw the phone.

There a dark chuckle over the phone, that has no humor in it. "Because I know something you don't know." The old man says on the other side of the phone.

"Then tell me and never call me again and while you are at, not ever calling me again, die in that hell hole!" I yell out, my voice bouncing off the walls so much, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone in the house could hear me.

"That isn't how this works. Come see me and I'll tell you what I know in person."

Don't take his bate. Don't you fucking take his bate, whatever he has to say, it won't be good for anyone! A voice yells out in my head, which the voice sounds a lot like Davis voice. But that's crazy.

"I don't go see anyone, just cause they tell me to. You have to give me something, that makes me want to find out what more you have to say." Going into Logan and I room, I close the door behind me and toss my purse to the fainting sofa and slip the sandals off my feet.

The old man exhales, like I'm bothering by pushing this on further then he wants it to go. "Fine, if I must meet you half way, I will meet you half way."

"You got two minutes left!" a woman orders out on the other side of his line.

The old man voice drops low, like someone will hear what he is about to tell me. "Mr. and Mrs. Phantom are the reason your mother dead and also the reason why you are such a good shot." And just like that he hangs up.

Nothing really registers on what he said, until the bedroom door opens and Logan walks in with a plate of food. Logan puts the plate of food down on a side table and comes to me. He puts his hands on my shoulders. "What's wrong?" he whispers.

"It's the old man," I whispers, turning his words over in my head, trying to make sense of what he said. "I need to go see him. Now."

<><>

So what do you all think of the new chapter? Do guys think that Logan parents really had something to do with Ally mom dying or is the old man just lying to see her and doing something dastardly to her and her baby?

Vote, comment and share! Please!