Chapter 4

Logan Pov: Dream

There was kids laughing in the other room, I could hear Ally telling them to be quite. But they keep laughing.

Opening the music room, Ally is sitting on the floor with two small children with small drums, hitting them off key. Ally looks up at me and smiles. "We can say, that they got my off key talent."

I smile back at her and go to them. Patting the children backs, one boy and one girl, they grin up at me. "There always hope for them." kissing Ally forehead, she grins up at me.

The room starts to shift then, it becomes darker. The children vanish. Putting my arm around Ally protectively, I look around the room. "Ally where did the kids go to?"

She starts to shake in my arms. "It's not safe here anymore."

"I'll protect them! I'll protect you! I'll protect everyone!"

She looks up at me, with those big eyes of hers. "But who will protect you?"

"We watch one another back's. Like always."

She takes my face in her hands. "I want you to be right Logan." She kisses me then. "Save me." Then she vanishes.

Ally:

Hours of no sleep is starting to take it out of me. My vision starts blur and I start to drift off, only to jolt awake, reminding myself that I can't fall asleep. Focusing on the outside world, I look for the refection of Davis riffle or maybe it had been a mirror. But knowing him it was a riffle, better vision to see on the inside of a window.

The door down the hall opens. Heals click and clack down the stone. New player sounds like. Wonder if it's that woman, the sperm downer machined?   Leaning back at ease against the wall, I try to cent myself and hold the small sharp rocks between my fingers. They might not do much, but I can still take out an eye. My mind wanders to the under belly of the bed and what I've done to one of the middle holding bars, the thought of it pulled out of place, its edges sharped.

Soon there is a woman standing in front of me. She has bright blond curly hair, hanging lose around her large breast. She wears glasses at the edge of her nose, she has even gone far enough to wear a skirt above her knees, heals, a blue shirt and a white lab coat. It's clear she trying to pull the part of a Doctor. "Hello Ally, it's so nice to talk to you, awake."

"You must be the one, drugging me. The old fart, said you were having fun playing with my head." Moving the small rocks between my fingers, I don't brake eye contact with her. "So tell me, what have you found out so far? That I had a messed up child hood, after my mom died? That your boss, has a messed up sense of right or wrong? Or more of wrong the case."

She smiles at me. "Oh yes, I know all about that. I also know about the baby inside of you." She steps closer to the bars, and whispers. "I also know, about Davis, being your half brother. Did you know that?"

I don't take the bate. "Davis and I, aren't brother and sister. Nice try, want to try for something else?"

Her smile turns wicked. "So Davis never told you. Interesting, but I guess, it would make sense, with wanting to keep it hidden from everyone, that he came in contract with outside under your dad thumb."

Yawning, I pop my fingers. "Can we go on, with something else? This is all boring."

She laughs dryly. "Oh yes, I almost for got what I came down here for. There was something I wanted to find out, before more tests were brought on."

"And what's that sun shine?"

"What will you do, when Logan can't save you or the baby in time?"

Smiling at her wickedly, I hold the small rocks tight between my fingers. "Oh no, the question you should ask is this." Getting up slowly, I stalk to the bars to her. "What will you do, with no fingers?"

Pov: Davis Past

I stare at her a cross the yard. I know who she is, but she doesn't know who I am. I mess with Logan, being interested in Ally, but in truth I'm not. I just make him mad, to make sure he truly loves her, like clams to. People can say they love you, but they next to never follow threw. But Logan different and so is those of us, in his circle.

Ally chowing down on some fruit, Logan laughing close by with some big wig. This is a busyness party, with gangsters and average business people. But all the same, people need to be protected, even from their inner groups of business.

I glance around, but my eyes always wonder back to Ally. She doesn't know I'm her older brother. My mom was an on again and off again, girlfriend of our old mans. When he got her knocked up with me, she told him and he just brushed it aside. Or that's what mom has told me, but I've seen the marks on her arms that of a knife. What I understand, that's the old man weapon of choice.

Ally weaves among the people and ends up standing next to me. "Okay you standing like a statue starting to bother me. Go mingle with people or something. You are making me pardoned we are going to be attacked any second." she whispers.

Taping my nose, I grin at her. "Always be on your guard, eye on the prize of never getting killed." I don't plan on telling Ally I'm her brother, she would never believe me anyways. "I'll go get something to eat, and be a statue some where else." I whisper to her.

She rolls her eyes at me.

Pov: Davis Present Day

Elbowing some guy in the throat, I twist his wrist cracking it and taking his gun. "Not that, this wasn't fun kicking your ass." Crouching down in the front of the knocked out man, I take his chin in between my fingers. "I do have something, I need you for." Pulling out a knife from my boot, I twist it between my fingers. "This knife lands on the sharp end you nose goes, it lands on it's butt, it's my mark on your forehead. Let's see, what end hits the ground first."