23- sᴏʀʀʏ

Jeno and Hyerin got ready for the day they've been waiting for. The day the thruth will be told. Atleast for Hyerin though since Jeno already knows about it.

"Are you nervous?" Jeno asked his girlfriend who is busy conbing her hair.

"Kinda.. It's just that.. I haven't seen him in so long" she replied and sighed.

That's not the only reason though. She's also nervous because she's gonna be seeing the real father of her child again. He'll be able to see her in that state.

She's not expecting him to care anymore but the thought of him looking at her in her 5 month old pregnancy state is kinda worrying her.

After getting ready they both went out and drove towards the cafe where they used to meet up and where they first met.

They both entered and Hyerin got a lot of memories in this cafe. Ever since she broke up with Mark she never went here ever again.

"Hyerin it's been so long!" the cashier called her and smiled.

"Hey eonnie!" Hyerin replied.

"Yah! You used to spend your time here most of the time. What happened and where's your boyfriend? What's his name again?? Mark??" she said and suddenly looked at her belly.

"You're both gonna be parents?? Ugh I frikin knew it! I ship you two!" the cashier said not noticing Jeno.

"Uhm.. We uhh.. Broke up" Hyerin told her.

"Ohhh.. Uhm.. Sorry" the cashier replied.

Jeno then wrapped his arms around Hyerin's shoulder.

"Ohhh okayy I get it now. So what do you guys want to order?" the cashier said, assuming the two we're the new couple and the father of Hyerin's child. Which is partially true.

They both ordered and they were given a receipt.

"Thank you and congratulations to you two!" the cashier told them and the couple smiled at her.

They walked to a random table and Jeno pulled out a chair for Hyerin so she could sit. As they we're seated they waited for Mark and their order. The two of them already ordered something for him so it wouldn't be a hassle for Mark.

After awhile Mark came in and roamed his eyes around the place and found the couple he was looking for.

He gulped as he saw Hyerin, with now a bump in her belly. Mark was nervous of what she thinks of him now. She might seem nice in the ohone call but what if she was just acting?

He's really thinking negatively right now as he walked to the table.

"Hey guys" I said and sat down on the chair in front of them.

Silence enveloped the three until Hyerin decided to break it.

"So.. Uhhh. Do you wanna talk about it now?" she asled Mark with a slight smile.

"Well I should be the one asking you that. If you're ready then so am I" he replied.

"I am" Hyerin siply said.

And with that Mark told the whole story to his ex girlfriend.

Hyerin was shocked and confused but at the same time she was relieved just like Jeno. She finally knew the truth behind the situation they've been through.

The exes then became friends again and got along. They understood each other.

"Soo how many months is the baby?" Mark asked.

"5 months" she replied with a smile.

"Wanna hold it?" Hyerin said and the latter nodded.

The girl stood up and guided his hand to her tummy. Mark felt a pang of guilt and happiness hit him.

He never took care of her nor the baby she's carrying. He was always thinking and dreaming that he'll be able to touch her baby bump and kiss it but never got the chance to.

"I-I.. I'm sorry" Mark mumbled as he touched her bump.

"I'm sorry I've never been there for you or your mom. I've been a bad boyfriend and a bad father. Please forgive me. I'm sure mommy is not going to let you know that I'm your real father because I've been irresponsible and never fought enough for the both you. But you now you have someone way better than me baby. Someone who cares and is very responsible. Mommy is also a strong woman. Despite all those problems she got through it.. I'm really sorry for everything baby." Mark said and kissed her baby bump which made Hyerin a bit emotional as well.

Good thing there isn't much people in this cafe since it's a Sunday.

"You might not be the best father but you did all those for a reason and I'm happy for you. I know studying in Canada is such a big thing for you. I'm proud of you" Hyerin told him.

The two hugged and got comfortable in each other's arms.

"I love this sappy moment but I'm still here y'all!" Jeno said, ruining their moment.

"Aishh stop being jealous" Hyerin said and the all laughed it off.

Author's note:

writing this late at night and mom walked in on me and scolded me awhile ago while writing this cuz we're going somehwere tomorrow and we need to be early hehe. I turned off my phone for awhile and then she left and turned it on again. Don't copy me!! Lmao I'm such a rebel (not really)

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie