22- ᴄᴀʟʟ

"Where have you been? What took you so long?" Hyerin asked the young lad that just entered their home.

"Jaemin already left a few minutes ago he needed to do something" she added and Jeno nodded.

"I'm sorry I took so long baby" he said and kissed his girlfriend's forehead.

"You didn't answer my question" Hyerin pouted.

"I-I.. Was with Mark" Jeno replied.

Hyerin was shocked and didn't know what to say. 'why would he be with my ex? Is there something I need to know?" she asked herself.

"He explained everything to me" Jeno added.

"Tell me" Hyerin told him with pleading eyes.

"I think it's best if Mark is the one to tell you" Jeno replied and smiled at her.

Hyerin doesn't know what to think.

"Why is Jeno all smiley? I mean not that I'm complaning tho he looks cute.. Anyways! Is there something good about Mark's side of our situation?" she thought.

"You think I'm cute huh?" Jeno smirked at her.

"Sht did I say that out loud?"

"Yes you did babygirl"

"Anyways, uhhh... C-can I call Mark so we could.. I don't know.. Meet up?" Hyerin said with an evident blush on her face.

"Yeah we can call him later" Jeno replied to her.

The two then continued on with their day. Jeno is happy but nervous at the same. He doesn't know how she will react to the truth.

But all he knows is that everything will be alright. No more fights, enemies or grudges that are being held! Hyerin moved on but she still needs to know about this. This is important!

Hyerin's POV

Later on that day~

"Should I call him now? Or should I just message him?" I mumbled to myself.

I'm hesitant okay?! It's been so long! Plus, he's my ex so of course it'll be awkward for me.

"Should I just let Jeno call him for me? Nahhh he already did so much" I mumbled again.

What should I do?!

"Don't think much of it. Just call him and we'll see what happens. Come on, you want to know the truth? Then this is how you'll know it" Jeno said right after he went out of the bathroom.

Oh gosh, he looks so cute with that furry headband. He used it to get his hair out of his face so he could wash it properly.

"Okay uhm.." and with that I pressed call.

A few seconds later he picked up which made me nervous.

"Hello?" he said on the other line.

"H-hi Mark" I stammered. I just feel nervous okay?!

"Uhm yeah hi Rinnie-- I mean Hyerin" he replied.

I got memories back when he used to call me Rinnie which Jeno calls me now as well. Why am I suddenly kinda emotional? Damn it why am I like this? Hyerin you have a boyfriend now!

"Hello" she replied.

"Hyerin there's something I've been meaning to tell you for months now and I-"

"Yeah.. Thats is why I called you! Uhhh.. Maybe we can meet up to talk about it?" I asked him.

"Yeah yeah sure.. Uhh where?"

I thought for awhile and got an idea.

"At the usual place?" we both said in unison.

Okay.. Now am just an emotional wreck. Damn it I can't help it okay?!

"Uhh yeah.. How about tomorrow? Maybe at lunch? Does that sound good?" he said and I agreed.

Silence took over us, not knowing what to say.

But then I was surprised when he blurted out...

"I miss you" he told me.

"B-but of course in not that way. I just missed talking to you and stuff" he added.

"Uhm yeah.. I missed you too. See you tomorrow" I replied to him.

"Yeah" I ended the call right after.

I dropped my phone beside me and covered my fave with a pillow.

"Are you nervous?" Jeno asked me as he sat on the bed.

"Obviously!" I replied as I sat up.

He suddenly hugged me a rubbed my back in a comforting way.

"You can do it! I'll accompany you if you'd like" he stated.

Ugh I really have the best boyfriend ever.

Author's note:

Okay.. Who's excited for NCT Dream's "We Boom"? Damn they look like badass fancy lookin' agents or sumn' lmao. Taeyong's long flight teaser is out too ughhh the teaser is already so good he looks so handsome as alwayssss!!!

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie