Part 21

Flashback

(Y/N) makes her way down the street, bags on her arm containing both food for her house and paperwork. A boy around her age runs into her, knocking all of that to the ground and grabbing her by the arms.

"Kiss me!" He exclaims and it takes a second for her to balance herself again.

"You!" She shouts, immediately trying to push him away. It was the same boy who had broken into her house. His dark brunet hair was a mess and his eyes glowed with fear and desperation.

"What?" He looks confused until his mouth hangs open in realisation. "I didn't realise, I'm sorry, but please, you gotta help me!"

(Y/N) frowns at his panicked state. "What's wrong?"

"I'm supposed to meet my little brother tonight and things have been going fine. I got myself a job, but this man recognised me from when I stole from him -" She rolls her eyes and goes to walk away but he turns her back.

"Please, I'll do anything."

(Y/N) looks behind to see a man look down the alleyway towards them and stares back at the teenager. "Tell me your name."

There's a hesitancy before he sighs. "Samuel Morgan... Sam."

A soft smile crawls onto her lips but it quickly fades at the man coming fast towards them. Instantly (Y/N) pushes Sam against the wall, locking their lips in a heated kiss and blocking Sam from sight. He wraps his arms firmly around her waist.

The man chasing him takes off in a different direction, leaving (Y/N) to pull away breathless and grinning at Sam's flushed state.

"I mean... I got time to kill." He breathes out. With a laugh, she shakes her head and turns away from him. "See you around, Sammy boy."

Sam nudges his wife staring off in the distance. "You good?"

She smiles and nods. "Great."

They drive at speed trying to follow the bridge and catch up with the train and Sam looks about: "anyone see a road anywhere?"

"I make my own roads!" Chloe replies.

"Well, keep your eyes on your road, then." He instructs, gripping tight to the rail.

"Hey, Sam, did you want to drive?" She asks, annoyed.

"I mean, kinda."

"Too bad. Buckle up, buttercup."

(Y/N) laughs at his defeated state and he grumbles at her, putting on a frown. They keep driving, knocking down any of Asav's bikes and shooting at the jeeps that follow. It takes a few minutes of Chloe's driving, but they finally reach the train and she pulls up close enough for Nadine to jump.

Chloe jumps after her and Nadine helps pull her aboard. (Y/N) is quick to take her place in the driver's seat.

"(Y/N), come on!" Chloe shouts, holding out her hand. The woman in the car bites her lip and glances at her friend. "You two started this before me. Just go!"

Chloe is hesitant, but nods and the road comes to and end, forcing (Y/N) to spin left and come to a halt. "Go get 'em, ladies!" Sam shouts, standing up and cheering.

Flashback

Sam gently pushes the window open wider and enters. (Y/N) doesn't look up from the book she's reading. "Back for more?" She jokes, lazily turning the page.

"You know, you never told me your first name. I've only got (L/N) to go off thanks to your dad being big in the industry."

"I didn't think we'd be bumping into each other all the time but here we are."

Sam sits on the windowsill and her (E/C) eyes look up at him. "It's (Y/N)."

"Pretty." He states and she chuckles. "I thought you were meeting your brother anyway?"

"I have. I'm going back in a few weeks after I get this really cool present to show him." He says.

"What is it?"

"A motorcycle."

(Y/N) frowns. "And you have the money for that?"

"Hey, I work hard."

She shrugs. "If you say so." She goes back to reading and there's a silence between the two and after a while she sighs. "Still here?"

"Enjoying the company."

Closing the book, (Y/N) leans back against the wall, her legs straight across the bed. "Come sit." Sam makes his way over and slowly sits down on the edge as far away as he possibly could, making her laugh.

"I won't bite."

He edges closer, his cheeks tinted with a subtle red. ''So, I've got the night. Let's talk." She says, a grin on her face.

Sam clambers into the passenger seat and (Y/N) reverses, taking the road on the other side of the bridge. "We gotta keep pace somehow." She suggests, pressing her foot down.

"Have you ever thought how different life would be if I never attempted to steal from you." Sam suddenly asks.

She frowns at the question. "No, I can't say that I have."

"No, neither have I. It's just not right." He sighs.

They notice the bridge change into a tunnel and they make their way down and around, hearing gunfire. Up above was multiple of Asav's men shooting at one jeep and (Y/N) wastes no time in knocking the bikes down.

"Holy hell! (Y/N)! Sam!" Chloe shouts.

"Holy shit, hey! How's tricks?" Sam calls back.

"We need to switch the train to another track!" She orders.

"On it!" (Y/N) tells her, hurtling towards the nearby control tower. The jeep comes skidding to a halt and the couple jump out and runs to the lever.

"Guys!" Chloe shouts, rushing over and the three grab onto the lever.

"Where's Nadine?" (Y/N) asks.

"Back on the train - we have to flip the switch!" She replies and the three begin to push the lever, but are interrupted by shots.

"Shit! We don't have time for this!"

Swiftly dealing with them, they return to their former positions and push all their strength against the switch as the train comes barrelling towards them. The track changes and they let go. "That's it! We did it!"

On top of a carriage was Nadine, fighting and Chloe curses. "I gotta get to her."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait." Sam stops her. "Do we have to? I mean she seems pretty capable."

"Sam." (Y/N) rolls her eyes and he holds up his hands. "All right, I'm just here to present you both some options -" He's cut off by another truck appearing, making the trio duck behind the platform.

"Go! We'll keep 'em at bay!" (Y/N) tells Chloe and she nods, running towards the jeep and driving off into the distance.

"Come on, assholes, let's go!"