Part 2

Chloe stands in front of a mirror, trying out a new red head scarf and looking at the different options. The little girl, Meenu, who was sat there, smiles. "That one is my favourite. It makes your eyes twinkle."

"Does it now?" Chloe asks, looking at (Y/N), who just chuckles.

She, too, was checking out the variety of scarves, but had alright bought one to match her outfit.

The two were dress similarly, but (Y/N) with black jeans instead of blue and with the colour [colour of your choice] and not red.

"Half price, if you buy two." The girl adds.

"See, shouldn't have bought yours first." Chloe chides (Y/N), who holds her hands up in mock surrender.

The two woman head up to the counter, and the little girl jumps behind, surprising the both. "You again? Is this your store?" (Y/N) asks, eyebrow raised.

The girl laughs. "No. My father's."

"How much?" Chloe questions, smiling.

"Eight hundred rupees, please."

"Eight hundred rupees?" Chloe repeats, walking away to put the scarf back.

"Okay, okay. For you, five-fifty."

(Y/N) chuckles, shrugging. "You gotta give the girl credit, Chlo."

"So... does your father usually leave you here alone?" She then asks, intrigued.

"No, he's away fighting the rebels." Meenu points to a picture of him hung on the wall.

"Oh. The Indian army called him up, did they?" (Y/N) sighs, giving a small smile to the picture.

"No. He volunteered."

Chloe notices her saddened expression. "Well, if it was my choice, I wouldn't leave you here alone."

She then places the scarf on the counter, digging around in her pockets for the correct amount, but also placing her figure down too.

"Better deal." Meenu says, leaning on the table, clearly interested. "Four hundred rupees, plus Ganesh."

"You don't want this." Chloe laughs. "It's broken, see?" She indicates to it.

"You don't know the story?" Meenu exclaims, knowing that it wasn't broken at all. "Ganesh fought Parashuram while standing guard at his father's door-"

"Yes, to defend the honour of his father, Shiva. And got his tusk hacked off for his troubles." Chloe finishes.

Meenu hums. "Interesting."

"Anyway - it's not for sell." Chloe tells her, putting it back in her pocket.

A truck drives behind the shop, a white cross painted on the side and (Y/N) nudges Chloe, who pays. "All right, look, six hundred rupees. You can keep the change."

(Y/N) heads out of the shop first, closely followed by Chloe, but they're stopped by Meenu. "Hey, wait. You'll need a guide!"

"Yeah? And what would that cost us?" (Y/N) jokes, making the little girl laugh.

With the sky being painted a soft orange over the baby blue, the girls' walk through the bustling market. Down the steps before Chloe stops in front of a pot seller, bringing out her phone.

"We gotta be on that truck before it goes, Frazer." (Y/N) reminds her as she clicks the picture.

"Don't worry, we will be." She mutters back, Meenu jumping up on a box to talk to them. "So, your Ganesh... how much for it, really?"

"Not for sale."

The three carry on, gently pushing past people. Meenu moves her way through, knocking Chloe into someone else and making her apologise, checking her pocket. She clears her throat and the little girl turns. "What?"

"Don't get me wrong. Decent technique on the lift. But I'd like my Ganesh back." Chloe says, holding out her hand. "Please."

Meenu sighs. "Fine." She holds her hands, allowing Chloe to take it back.

"A for effort, kid." (Y/N) chuckles, walking on ahead of the two who follow. She stops in front of a bag stall, frowning at the truck. "Too many soldiers. Shit." She whispers.

"Wait a minute. You're not tourists, are you?" Meenu questions and the two adults share a glance.

"Hello, ladies. Great prices -" the vendor is cut off by the kid raising her hand. "Ssh. We're busy here."

"Oh, we've already got what we need, thanks." Chloe brushes him off.

"Do you work for CIA? Because that would be very cool."

Chloe and (Y/N) make their way to the end of the market, hurrying to get to the truck, but Meenu grabs their hands.

"People aren't allowed across the bridge. It's too dangerous." She warns.

"Listen, kid..." Chloe pulls her behind the wall, the two woman crouching down. "It's been really fun."

"You need to make yourself scarce." (Y/N) instructs, looking back out to the truck.

"I have spare beds in the store. Three hundred rupees each. Best deal in all of India."

"Ahh. Okay, no thanks. We need to get on this truck." Chloe tells her.

"Bad idea. They're rebel's. They hurt people." Meenu says, pulling them back once more.

"Listen, we need to help our friend, okay?" (Y/N) says and Chloe nods. "Yeah, but when we get back - pizza's on me. Deal?"

"Deal." Meenu smiles, the two shaking hands.

"I'm holding you to that pizza deal, Chloe, but for now, we really need to go." (Y/N) rushes, going to head to the truck, but backtracking.

"Shit, there's one right there." She mutters.

The little girl runs out and the two go to grab her, but manage to miss. "Wait!"

Meenu pulls the solider away from his post just as the truck starts up, and Chloe and (Y/N) head towards it, pulling themselves in. Looking out, the truck drives away Meenu watches them go, stood on the wall and waves, earning a smile back from the two.