Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{23}*

God Sorry for the wait~!

Song on the side is so sweeeeeet and was on repeat while writing this chap :) 

Here it is :D Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                        ~~ Chapter 23 ~~

I didn’t move for a moment. Didn’t make a single sound as I stared ahead at the fridge that closed slowly by itself. What was I meant to say to a sentence like that?

How about you start with what?

Shaking my head I turned around slowly, finding her looking so small and vulnerable that I wanted nothing less than to wrap my arms around her and to show her she was safe with me.

She really wasn’t though when I continued to make her cry.

Moving forward I froze mid-step as William came through the entrance, his eyes trained in on Skye.

“Hey, I just wanted to see if you were alright and if you needed any help.”

Watching only her she sniffed, looking away from me and giving him a very forced smile.

“Umm, yeah I need help to put the sign up. Aren’t you busy with your stall?”

He shook his head, sparing me a single glance before looking back at her. “Nope, mines done. Come on, I’ll help you.”

She nodded slowly as he took hold of her hand and it took me all my energy not to go and rip his fingers off.

My murderous thoughts came to a halt when my eyes caught sight of hers and I watched as all the hurt and pain ran through her eyes. That look said it all. I had no right to be jealous. We both knew that.

Feeling defeated I watched as they left the kitchen and I gritted my teeth, punching the fridge in frustration. I made the worst bloody decisions! Could I seriously do anything right for once?!

Slamming the front of the fridge in anger again I growled, bending over and picking up the damn seafood bag I had dropped.

Skye’s POV

Throughout the whole morning Jason didn’t come out even once and neither did I go in there. How could I face him? We weren’t on speaking terms plus if I did I would just start crying like a baby again.

I put it off as long as possible, chatting half heartedly with William as he helped to put my sign up. He left soon after and I was left to dwell on my thoughts in silence as I painted the stall and decorated it.

I sighed as I drew the big smile on one of the orange clown fish.

“Why are you so dang happy for Nemo? You and that octopus seriously,” I muttered, looking at the octopus on the other side, “yeah I’m talking about you.” I just wanted to scribble the whole face out with black paint and make them frown instead. We would get so many customers then, I thought with sarcasm.

Looking over the sign once more I descended the ladder and packed all my things before moving the ladder to the back of our stall. It was almost eight and I knew I had to help Jason cook. It would take a long time today, especially with the food being seafood.

Making sure I organised the front counter with plates and cutlery and such I stopped at the door leading to the kitchen.

Letting out a long breath I took a step into the room only to come face to face with Jason, his eyes wide as we both took a step away from each other.