Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{13}*

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                ~ Chapter 13 ~

“Oh c’mon mom! Are you serious?” I said in a drained tone, dumping my school bag onto the floor next to the door and grumpily taking a seat onto one of the kitchen stools. “Are you doing this just to torture me?” I questioned her and she turned from her chop chip cookie dough to look up at me.

“I don’t see what the matter Skye is. The Ryde’s are really nice people,” she told me firmly, waving a wooden spoon at me and I watched as a little piece went flying from the spoon to the island countertop where I sat. I rolled my eyes at her, grabbing a tissue and wiping it from the counter’s surface.

“I know, it’s just I don’t like talking to him,” I put slight emphasise on the word ‘him’ just to hint my dislike for Jason.

She raised a brow at me. “I didn’t tell you to come to meet up with Jason. I’m bringing you because you have a play date with Natalie. She doesn’t have many friends over so she gets lonely and I suggested to Joanne that you could come over,” looking at me suspiciously and I moved my eyes away, hiding my stupid heated cheeks. “Also she needs help with a dance performance she’s doing for her school talent show,”

“Oh okay. I guess that’s fine then,” I muttered, going to get off the stool before she ordered me to sit back down.

“Skye…,” she started menacingly before her tone became gentler.

“Skye what’s wrong with you and Jason? Is he harassing you or something? If he is I swear I’l---,” I cut her off with wide eyes, waving my hands in front of myself to stop her words.

“No! No, it’s not that mom!” I tried to assure her and I saw her physically relax, her raised arm dropping down next to her body and I didn’t realise before that she looked like she was going to murder someone with that spoon. “It’s just…well he annoys me,” I grumble, and she looks at me like I’m three.

“You don’t want to talk to him… because he annoys you?” she confirmed slowly and I gave her a cheeky grin.

“Yep,” I pop the ‘p’ smiling and she shook her head, turning back to her cookie dough, taking out a baking tray and layering a sheet of baking paper across.

“You’re like a five year old that still thinks boys have so called ‘cooties’,”

I laughed. “I still think they do,”

A chuckle left her lips as she even the cookie dough into even circles, placing them onto the tray.

“So, when are we going?” I asked her, stepping off the stool and towards the fridge, taking a bottle of orange juice before leaning against a counter.

“Hmm, as soon as these are done,”

I nodded before leaving the room, picking up my bag on the way out and telling her I was going to get ready.

*Jason’s POV* <--- I missed him (;

Groaning I threw my maths text book onto the ground, glaring at the cover in hopes it would burst into flames. It felt like it was staring back, as if it was mocking me.

“You enjoy making me frustrated don’t you?” I sneered at it quietly and I rolled my eyes, rolling onto my back and groaning again. I’ve officially gone insane, speaking to books.

“Do you want to play tea party? Or we can play with my dolls! I have so many. Or we can play dress-ups again!” The voice of my little sister drifted down the hallway and I lifted my head to stare at my door.