Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{12}*

Enjoy! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                     ~ Chapter 12 ~ 

My breath caught and I was shocked as his breath hit my face in gentle waves. My mind was running frantically, questioning his actions though was cut off as he raised one of his hands and wiped my cheek with one swipe motion, a self satisfied smirk plastered onto his face.

Gasping I wiped my cheek and there on my hands was a long smudge of black paint.

“Jason!” I glared at him, my face burning and probably matched the colour of a ripe tomato.

I grabbed one of my mini towels that I used to clean my hands with and wiped across my cheek roughly, trying as best as I could to remove all signs of the paint. Ignoring him I picked up my mirror and scowled at my cheek. Any trace of paint was gone though my cheek was red against my blushing cheeks due to the amount of force I had used.

I was about to get him back as revenge when I heard my name being called along with running light footsteps.

“SKYE!”

I turned my head and my scowl turned into an easy grin as Natalie ran over to me, her arms wide and I stood up before scooping her into my arms and spinning her around.

She laughed and I placed her down onto Jason’s lap, sitting down in my own chair as I watch amused at his annoyed expression.

“Do you want a face-painting Nat?”

She dug her hand into the front pocket of her jean overalls and brought out a handful of coins, holding them out to me. “I want a butterfly and a fairy and a rainbow and a---,” she went on as I took her coins and interrupted her list.

“Whoa Natalie I can’t do too many on your face, it will look like a mess! How about we choose two okay? One for each cheek,” I smiled at her and she nodded excitedly, getting comfortable on Jason’s lap.

Scooting my chair closer I held her chin gently and began to paint across her cheeks in fluid motions, smiling as I did.

“I made eighty-four bucks in four hours, that’s going to my car savings,” I told April as we walked past the many stalls of the carnival under the burning mid day sun.

She frowned. “Damn it, I only made sixty-seven dollars,” she muttered and I laughed, nudging her with my shoulder playfully.

“Cheer up. If it makes you feel any better I’ll shout the first ride,”

Her face lit up, eyes sparkling. “BUMPER CARS! NOW!”

Laughing I let her drag me to the Bumper Car setup where people were frantically ramming their cars into one another.

I stopped in my tracks as I noticed the line trailing around the ride and I shook my head in denial.

“There is no way I’m waiting in that line,” I said firmly to April though she whined in response begging me to go.

Ignoring her I looked around, the line to the House of Mirrors was the smallest and I pointed that out to her.

“I’m not going in there. It’s scary,” she shuddered and I rolled my eyes, thinking of a compromise.

“Okay how about, I’ll go into the House of Mirrors and you line up so when I come out we can go on, plus we won’t waste time later since I would have already been in there,” I suggested and she thought about it, her eyes flickering from the Bumper Cars to the House of Mirrors and grinned.