Frying Pans and Paint Cans Don't Match. Right? *{1}*

Hey :) So this is my 1st story and I thought I would do something easy to start off with.

It's a tad bit cliche but of course there will be twists. I'm trying to make it original as possible. :D

I'm not the best writer but give it ago.

Anyways Enjoy!

~Mary~ :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Chapter one ~

"I got Very Cherry!" I exclaimed, giving my red jellybean one last glance before plopping it into my mouth.

"Awww I got Lemon Lime!" April said, "Well I guess today's going to be quite sour for me" she added with a giggle before doing the same and eating it.

"Hey Skye, chuck me one of those will you." Said a familiar voice and I glanced up.

My brother Matt stood at the door giving me a pleading stare.

I couldn't deny that pleading look so I gave in and randomly picked out a jellybean.

It was white with brown spots covering it. Roasted Marshmellow. Lucky Tweed.

I threw it high, and amazingly he was able to catch it in his mouth. Show off.

"Hmmm.... Buttered Popcorn?" He asked guessing the flavour. He was horrible at it.

"Not even close! Its Roasted Marshmellow dimwit," I teased giggling.

"What does Roasted Marshmellow mean then genius?"

"Hmmm.." I thought. I loved jellybeans, so I had decided to make meanings for each flavour ever since I was 10. My mother had given me a 50 flavour Jelly Belly box for Christmas. All the colours and patterns amazed me.

"It means luck, but you better use it wisely before it burns out...just like a roasted marshmallow."

They both gave me dumbfounded expressions and we broke out laughing.

"Anyways mum said to finish unpacking." He said after we had stopped laughing.

"But we just got here like 2 hours ago!" I protested, staring at all the boxes surrounding us.

My family had just moved here from New York. Kellyko, a small rich town. I groaned. The up side to the move was that my best friend April had moved too. Both our mothers work in the same business company as partners. So here we are eating jellybeans on a Sunday afternoon, 1700 miles away from New York.

"And as for you," he looked towards April, "Your mum is downstairs. She wants you to unpack too." He said with a grin earning death glares from us just before we stuck our tongues at him at the same time.

Clearly defeated he left the room leaving us laughing uncontrollably.

"Finally!" I said in relief as I stuck my last poster on the wall. It was Taylor Swift. I wasn't the biggest fan of hers but I loved her music.

"Skye!" I jumped with a start, my eyes roaming the room, searching for the source of the sound.

"Did I just hear someone call me or was that just me?" I asked myself.

"It's me!"

I followed the voice to the window and saw April smiling at me. A gust of cold air hit my face, removing some of my stray locks from my eyes.

"I never knew our windows were next to each other! I thought your mum had that room!" I said.

"I made a deal with her to take out the garbage for the next 6 months." She answered in an annoyed tone.

Another up side to the move was that our houses were right next to each other. Well it will save a lot of money on our phone bills. I laughed to myself and earned a weird stare from April.

"What's so funny?" she eyed me suspiciously.

"Nothing April, nothing.”

Saying that I waved goodbye, walking over to my bed and snuggling into the sheets, welcoming the warmth. This might not be such a bad place after all. With that I drifted asleep, not knowing what there was to come, tomorrow.

"Skye." A voice called, pulling me out of my peaceful dreams.

"Skye wake up! You're late for school" mum said as she shook me awake.

"No go away!" I groaned and turned away from her.

I heard her laughing as she walked away. Wait laughing? Since when does she laugh in the morni--. The next thing I knew, she was squirting me with water.

"AHH! MUM! STOP!" I screamed, covering my face with my hands. "Ok! OK!! I'M UP!"

The shots of water to my face stopped and she smirked at me. Sometimes I think of her as my sister.

"Come on, chop chop! And don't you dare go back to sleep missy." she threatened as she left, turning back into mum.

As I sat up still groggy from a long nights sleep, I noticed the time on my alarm. 8am.

Suddenly awake I quickly threw the covers from my body, jumping up and running into my walk-in closet. I slipped on some blue denim jeans and a white tank top, covered in black and silver sequences. I dragged a brush through my wavy chestnut brown hair and slipped on my brown gladiator sandals. Giving myself one last glance in the mirror, I grabbed my bag and left the room.

"Skye you're going to be late!" Mum yelled for the hundredth time.

I ran down the stairs, my shoes creating loud thumps as I took them two at a time and sprinted for the door.

"You missed your bus, so I'm going to have to drive you today" she sighed. It was her last day of freedom before she started work again so I didn't want to ruin her day.

"Don't worry I'm going to run" I said and I closed the door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it's really short but the next chapters are alot longer!

Hope you liked it~! :)