Chapter twenty five

Tamel was back in his office. He knew the police didn't know about this place yet. So that gave him some time. Some time to handle some last minute business.

Like when Charmaine’s father was there, the tarp was laid across the floor. But this time the person before Tamel wasn’t on the floor, he was in a chair bounded by coat hanger wire around his wrists to the arms of the chair he was sitting on. The wire was cutting into the captive’s wrist causing blood to drip but that was what the tarp was for in the first place.

But unlike Charmaine’s father, Tamel planned on using the full use of the tarp this time. Tamel brandished the same weapon he had when he threatened Davids’ life and gave him that proposal. The cold Smith & Wesson 1911 silver plated 9mm Glock was his favorite weapon of choice for these matters. It was powerful, it was intimidating. It let the person looking down at the barrel of it know you meant fucking business and nothing else.

But the person in the chair already knew what it was used for. His hostage had seen him wave the infamous gun countless times and knew the damage it could do first hand. The look on the captive’s face said as much even though he was trying to display a cool demeanor.

Tamel just looked at the man before him and shook his head. He knew this wasn’t going to be as easy as the others but in the end, it would be the same results. Tamel would get what he wanted. He always did. That was how he stayed on top so long.

Tamel was about to speak when the LG G3 phone started buzzing on his desk. The screen showed a message coming through. Tamel looked over at it. It was Carmel stating she was going to her event and still dragging Train with her. Tamel smiled a little when she mentioned that she got him if he needed anything. Tamel needed a lot but whatever he wanted, he would acquire it himself. That was his self made creed but it felt good to know people had his back. Well, some people. Tamel texted Carmel back then turned this cell off. He didn’t want to be disturbed again until after this was finished.

Tamel wanted to go with Carmel. But he had business to take care of. He knew Train would be a good substitute. Well, as good as any.

Tamel sat on the edge of his desk and tapped his pistol on his knee for a minute.

“You know what this is about, right?” Tamel asked his captive.

The captive didn’t say anything. He was still busy trying to get his hands free to no avail. The wires would eventually cut his wrists so deep; he would bleed out before he could even try to escape. But the hostage still tried anyway even though he knew the effect of what the wires could do. Tamel knew he did because he was the one that taught Tamel.

The man knew why he was sitting tied up to a chair with a tarp underneath it. He fucked up. He knew that. He thought he planned it out perfectly. He had been a good worker for Tamel over the past years but felt short changed so he took an opportunity to get a little more for himself. Now he was staring up at the one guy that would take his life in a second and wouldn’t hesitate. He just hoped he could play it out.

Tamel looked at his hostage thinking of a plan and shook his head.

“You know out of all the niggas I have in my squad, I trusted you the most,” Tamel said. “That’s why this one cuts a little deeper. I understood how those niggas were but you. That was unexpected.”

Tamel thought back to when he was at the condo with Train and Carmel when the idea hit him. He didn’t want to say anything because he wasn’t hundred percent sure but he had a good feeling. That was why he really didn’t go with Carmel, he had to play out a hunch. And as always, his hunches were right on the money.