Chapter twenty three

Detective Street took a last puff of his cigarette before flicking it away on the ground and beginning his walk. He couldn't believe his ears or his luck when he heard. But if it was true, good things were definitely on the horizon.

He walked up to the two men leaning on the trunk of a white Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. The man grinning at him was his brother, Larenz. His platinum teeth was shining under the light. The other man he didn't know but had seen around.

Larenz began the introduction. "Willie, I mean Detective William Street. This is Lamar Fisher street name Rock."

Rock nodded and Street looked back at Larenz.

"What's this about?" Street asked.

They were in an abandoned lot of a worn industrial plant that had long been closed down looking for new ownerships. Nothing but hookers and drug deals happen around here and Street didn't see any nightwalkers around, it was too early.

"You know your little brother can't wait on you forever," Larenz smiled that platinum smile. "Had to make moves and to seize an opportunity when I had a chance to."

"Yeah, I heard your rambling over the phone," Street said. "Get to the point."

Larenz smiled again and tapped the trunk. Rock turned around to open it. Street looked inside.

"Who is it?" Street asked looking at the man that was tied up with industrial rope and duct taped at the mouth inside.

"That's the guy that just helped us finance our next buy and who is going to shut down that bitch ass MeloDrama for good," Larenz answered.

Larenz leaned in the trunk. "Ain't that right?"

Larenz ripped the duct tape off the hostage's mouth.

"I gave you everything," the captive said. "What more do you want from me?'

Larenz turned back to his brother. "Meet Kaeron Middleton,  alias, get this, Sexy K."

"Yeah, that's Drama's boy from the club," Street said. "So why you showing me him?"

"Because he's the key to getting Drama," Larenz said then turned to Kaeron. "And I know you want to get back at that bastard for trying to kill you."

"I told you I would tell you all I know," Kaeron said. "I just want out. I proved my loyalty, right?"

Larenz nodded. 'You sure did."

"The question still remains," Street said.

"He knows about the girl," Larenz said. "It seems she's important to this Drama kid. She had the drop on Drama but he knows how Drama works. He could have been handled that situation. Mister Sexy K believes the infamous killer Drama hesitated for a reason.'

"What the fuck that has to do with me on my side?" Street said. "Does he know about any of his narcotic deals?"

"No, but he knows about a homicide," Larenz stated.

"That's not my department," Street said.

"But you just acquired a new friend in that department," Larenz said. "Look when the time's right, we can use the nigga to get rid of that Drama King for good. He knows shit. He's been with the nigga since forever. Knight came at him first but that suspension jammed him up but now we can make this shit happen."