Chapter fourteen

"What the fuck did you do?" Carmel asked Charmaine as soon as she walked in the office.

"Nothing," Charmaine said sitting down in her chair.

"You know Drama just bitch slapped the hell out of Sexy K because of you," Carmel informed.

"Why?" Charmaine was confused.

"Bitch, I don't know," Carmel replied. "I don't know that nigga's erratic behavioral patterns."

"So how you know it was about me?" Charmaine inquired.

"It was about you," Carmel said. "Trust me."

"You're bugging," Charmaine gave off a laugh. "He probably just did something he wasn't supposed to. "

"Yeah, like control you," Carmel said.

"Control me?" Charmaine laughed again. "Ain't nobody controlling me."

"If you say so, baby girl," Carmel threw her hands up in surrender. "Anyway help me finish counting this before that twisted bitch get up on stage and we get flooded."

"She really that much of a big deal?" Charmaine asked after hearing all this stuff about Staretta.

"The truth," Carmel said. "As much as she's a spoiled brat as you can see. She's still the number one headliner in like eight states. We're actually lucky to have the bitch."

"Damn," Charmaine though. "All this fuss because a  woman can eat her own coochie."

"She's almost as popular as you getting," Carmel snickered as she put a wad of bills through the money counter.

"Don't start that shit again," Charmaine shook her head.

"What? It's the truth," Carmel stated. "Even if you don't want to admit it. Drama wouldn't make such a big deal about you. Especially trusting you to back here with his money. He don't even trust Sexy and he knew that nigga for years. So like I said before, there's something about Charmaine."

"There's nothing about Charmaine but a degenerated father that sold her out to pay off the money he stole," Charmaine defended. "That's my story. Point blank and simple."

Carmel shook her head. "More to it than that."

Charmaine loved how Carmel always looked for the deeper meaning of things. Sometimes they just wasn't anything deeper to go on. It was flat surface.

"You're not getting it yet?" Carmel explained. "Think about it. I know you're a smart girl. I know you study those textbooks but I also know you a little street smart or else you would have never have survived where you lived or where you at now. Why would a powerful, let's just call him a ruthless druglord, because that's what he is, just decide to call off all debts just for you to work for him?"

"He didn't call off any debts," Charmaine said. "My father still has to pay him.'

"How?" Carmel asked. "If I know Drama and I do just a smidge. He would have stopped all business from coming to your father. By now the block knows he's in bad wit Drama so they wouldn't fuck with him on behalf  they don't want to tangle with Drama. No business, no money coming in, how can your father possibly pay him back. He couldn't keep the store going. It's tainted and he would have to take out a loan from the bank to get whatever new furnishing and items he needed for it in the first place which would bring him deeper in debt. And he still hasn't even put a dent into paying  Drama which I'm sure is a deadline. Taking that you leaving to school in the fall means the deadline is in a couple of months. I'm pretty sure you isolated him so now he really has no one to turn to. He could sell everything but it still wouldn't be enough because for Drama, it's never enough. Interests increases according to situations. In the end, it comes down to one thing. Your father will never be able to repay Drama. And on top of that, he stole from Drama which is like not only going against the holy commandments but the updated hood commandments as well. In any instance, Drama has to put him down."