Chapter twenty two

Charmaine felt like she was in a world of pain. She felt like every nerve in her body was shouting at her and she didn't know how to respond.

Then there was that noise. It was like a beeping sound followed by a hissing sound.

Where was she? Her eyes were failing her in response to that question since they wouldn't open up to give her any kind of answers.

In fact, none of her body was responding to her. All her voluntary muscles had become stationery but her hearing, or what she thought was hearing, was live and operational.

That beeping and hissing sound continued forcing her brain to work over the noise.

Charmaine felt like she was alive in her own body, kicking and screaming but her physical form was not indicating those actions.

The beeping got louder and the hissing was becoming more and more rapid.

What was going on? Where was she?

Think, Charmaine, think.

Last thing she remembered was seeing that smirk coming from that bastard that kidnapped her and forced her to work at his sex shop. No, it wasn't a sex shop but it minds well have been.

Shop? Shop. Store. Something about a store had sent her in a rage. It had made her angry and upset.

Wait. Now she remembered it was her father's store. It was...it was...

"Yep, you're right," Tamel confessed. "He never would have been able to pay me back. He betrayed me. I could never forgive him for that. The block wouldn't let me. But I took the opportunity anyway."

"What the hell you're talking about?" Charmaine asked.

"You'll soon see," Tamel smiled again.

Why did she just remembered that?

It had something to do with her father. That's what it was.

Her father owed that slimeball Tamel, known alias MeloDrama, and she was being used for collateral but really she wasn't.

She never was. She was...

A sharp pain shot through her brain.

The beeping got louder.

What the hell was happening to her?

She heard something, sounded like a door being opened.

Voices were filling her eardrum now.

"Yeah, I thought I heard something too," one of the voices said, male assumingly, kind of mature. "The machine says her vitals just shot up."

"Does that means she's responsive?" this voice sounded feminine. "Her heart rate monitor went up too.

Charmaine heard paper rattling.

"This is something," the mature voice said.

Charmaine could feel someone over her even though she couldn't open her eyes.

"Can you hear me?" the mature voice sounded like he was speaking directly at Charmaine. "Charmaine Davids, can you hear me? Give me any signs of motion if you can hear the words that I'm saying."