Chapter seven

Train pulled up at the same curb where he dropped Charmaine at, this time with Tamel.

Tamel unbuckled his seatbelt but didn’t get out.

“Um, you waiting for me to go around and open the door for you like Mister Belvedere,” Train said wondering why Tamel hadn’t got out of his jeep yet. “You’re here. Destination now get the fuck out of my car.”

“Easy, player,” Tamel smiled. “I’m just checking something out first.”

Tamel had spotted Cracky Macky as soon as Train pulled up. Macky was in her usual spot at the end of the block. There was a guy standing next to her like he was unsure of what to do. The man was looking at the club and seeing the pretty ladies go in dressed in nothing but cutup jeans and belly shirts with a look of uncertainty. Tamel knew what the guy was pondering. Pay a cover charge to get in the club, pay for drinks, and pay for a lap dance and go home with nothing but a hard dick and empty pockets or just spend a little bread and get serviced and on your way. Tamel was waiting to see which option the guy would choose because either way he was getting a cut out of it.

“You see that over there,” Tamel pointed at Macky and the dude.

“Yeah, a junkie and her john, and?” Train didn’t get the meaning.

“That’s my new business arrangement,” Tamel said.

“You pimping out junkies now?” Train shook his head. “What’s next? Robbing old ladies for their social security checks? Why are you showing me this? And why haven’t stepped out of my car to look at your junkie make her transaction? But most importantly why I’m not looking at an empty seat right now and the street ahead of me?”

“I’m getting out,” Tamel said. “I just want to see what he’s going to do.”

“You’re going to rob him?” Train asked.

“No, I’m going to see if Macky remembered our deal if he decides to go that way,” Tamel answered.

Train held the bridge of his nose with his right thumb and index finger and shook his head. He let out a low sigh and then looked at Tamel.

“You need to get your life in order,” Train said.

Tamel looked at Train for a second.

“I mean seriously, let me talk to you for a minute,” Train said. “You’re a bright young man. You run a successful business and that’s without hustling. You have goals and ambitions. You can be anything you want to be except for what you are. You could run a Fortune 500 company. You can make that business you have right in front of you even bigger and better than Magic City. You have tons of money you can invest in the stock market and make a profit off of. You can own real marketable and profitable real estate and flip it and make tons of more money. You can do that all instead of making girls join strip clubs, making junkies give you their hard earned blowjob money, or hustling on the corner that is either going to get you killed or in jail or both like most people. I’m saying all that to say this and I want you to listen carefully because I care for you…”

Tamel didn’t say anything.

“You listening?” Train inquired.

Tamel nodded.

“Okay, here goes, from the heart,” Train said putting his hand on his chest. “You listening because I want you to hear me.” Train paused before he continued. “Get the fuck out of my car!”