Chapter sixteen

"Yes, I'll look into that."

Kaeron was nodding and entertaining his soon to be business partners if all went well. He still had one obstacle to face and after what just went down before Staretta's set, he didn't know if he would be able to jump over that hurdle.

"You okay?" the guy in the blue polo and boat shoes named Lincoln asked Kaeron.

"Yeah, I'm straight, Link," Kaeron nodded.

"You don't look like it," Lincoln's partner with the V neck sweater and Dockers pants on, Czar, added. "You sure you cool?"

"Yeah, yeah," Kaeron said. "That was some bullshit. You see it's all squashed. See he brought over the bottle."

"Ok, player," Lincoln said. "You know we got your back. You know we would like to do business with both of you but we can't be having any..."

"It's all good," Kaeron waved his hand in dismissal. "Misunderstandings happen."

"Yeah, they do," Czar said. "But how many times does Misunderstanding show up?"

"It's not like that?" Kaeron defended. They were starting to treat him like an abused housewife. Kaeron had earned good standards with these guys and that little incident with Tamel may ruin the whole deal he had been setting up for a minute. He had to convince them otherwise. "Look, guys, I got this under control. We can make this work."

Czar looked at his partner and grabbed the Ciroc bottle out of the ice bucket in front of them.

"You think he will agree with our deal?" Czar asked grabbing a glass and pouring the liquor in it.

"Yes, I think it's an excellent deal," Kaeron nodded and smiled.

"Look, we've been established for some time now," Czar said. "My partner may not have the balls to say it but I will. We don't want any loose cannons in these organizations. That includes your partner. I've dealt with guys like him and they are never good for business."

"He won't affect the business," Kaeron said. "I can vouch for that."

"That says different," Czar said pointing at Kaeron's nose.

"That's small stuff," Kaeron replied.

"Looks pretty heavy to me," Czar countered. "I did my research on your partner. He's a real hothead."

"Doesn't make him a bad businessman," Kaeron defended.

"Makes him a reckless one," Czar responded. "I don't need heat on me because of something your partner did."

"What you want me to do?" Kaeron asked. "Cut him out? I can't do that."

"Scared of getting another one of those," Czar smiled and brushed his own nose with his finger.

"Look. let me handle my end," Kaeron said. "I got this."

"Doesn't look like it," Czar smiled again. "I hate for one of my partners to get his ass bitch smacked at an event because of another misunderstanding."

"You know what? Fuck you," Kaeron spat. "I told you shit like that just happened. It was an unrelated incident. You wanna do business or not? I got no time for this ring around the rosie bullshit."

"Fellows, fellows, calm down," Lincoln said. "Let's cool our heels. Hey, tell me about that pussy eating chick? Could you get her for one of our events?"