The Mental Girl (13)

Chapter 13:

"You are here today to learn your responsibilities, when you are out into the world. Show your parents the discipline that you've learned." The fat principal with a balding head and gray eyes said looking at everyone. What discipline? I've been pranking people since school started.

He cleared his throat, "So, next week while you guys are re-uniting with your family. Make sure you're on your best behavior. Show your manners, and make sure your mom knows that you're disciplined." There he goes again with this discipline crap. I slumped lower in my seat and closed my eyes.

We had to wake up at seven o'clock in the morning on a Saturday for this? I peeked out of my right eye and noticed that I wasn't the only one who was dozing off. I closed my eyes, and relaxed. As the principals words started to get quieter and quieter.

"Sleeping during an assembly? Total badass." A familiar voice said, wrecking my almost-sleep. I slowly opened my eyes to see Nick sitting next to me, with his trademark smirk. I rolled my eyes and sat up.

I wasn't suppose to be recognized. The plan was to sit at the back of the auditorium, doze off, and wake up when I feel the need to. I even escaped Carla and Anna to get back here and doze off. How the heck did he find me?

"How did you find me?" I repeated out-loud but in a quiet voice. The last thing I wanted was the principal to tell my mom anything to make me stay at this school longer than I had to.

He shrugged, smirking slightly, "I was going to go to the back of the auditorium and catch up on my sleep. But, someone already beat me to it." He said, and I smirked.

"Now, that you realize someone else is already occupying the back of the auditorium, you should go. I want to catch up on my sleep too." I said slouching on my chair again, and I heard a snort come from above. I peeked out of my left eye to see Nick smirking,

"Please, if someone deserves to sleep it's me. I had after school practices this whole week. Not to mention, all the runs coach made us run." I gave him a fake sad smile,

"Well, Boo Hoo. Is Nicky tired from running all week? Well, I had to write an essay for English..." I trailed off and Nick shook his head,

"What Essay? Were in the same English class." I frowned. Dang it! I was so close, but he just had to be in my English class.

"You don't really do anything, yet you have straight A's." He murmured to himself, so quietly I almost didn't catch it. But because of my superhearing I turned to him and raised an eyebrow,

"How do you know I have straight A's?" I asked. No one knew just how good I was in school. It was one of the things that I hid because I hated it. That's right...gasp, you have officially found a flaw in Emma Kinley. Well, its not really a flaw, its just something I hated. Getting over my internal speech, I turned to Nick awaiting his answer.

He smirked, "I do my research." I gasped, "You're stalking me aren't you?" I asked, and his smirk grew larger,

"Maybe." I rolled my eyes, "Well Stalker, if you would just excuse me. I want to go to sleep." I closed my eyes, and suddenly I was lifted out of my chair. I screamed, and I opened my eyes to see that the auditorium was empty. I gasped and started hitting my attackers back.

Nick finally let me down, and smirked. I glared at him, "Where is everyone else?" I asked, and he shrugged,

"They left. So I guess the assemblies over." I nodded slower and stood up, preparing to go to the dorm and sleep. But, Nick's next words stopped me in my tracks.

"Let's go to the movies." I slowly turned around to see that his cheeks were pink. I smiled at how shy he was. And, just because of that I almost said yes. Then I remembered how just yesterday Trevor asked me on a date. I looked up at Nick and gave him a sad smile,