The Group Finds Out

Damon's Pov:

   Damon knew something was wrong when he heard a thud coming from the upstairs room. Katherine made eye contact with him, indicating that she heard it too. He waited a few seconds to see if he could hear anything else from upstairs, but there was no other sound. He found it more difficult to hear what was going on with all the little noises that some of the group members were making.

   "Everybody be quiet." They all stop what they were doing to give him a questioning look. "Do you hear that?"

   Although he wasn't looking at anyone in particular, the question was aimed at all the vampires. They waited a few seconds.

   "No." Caroline observed.

   "Exactly," Katherine declared. "By now we would have heard blue eyes heart beat, or at least him breathing."

   Damon could feel Bonnie's worry grow inside of her and he felt the need to change.

   "Katherine, Lexi, come with me," he demanded. "Stefan stay with the baby vampire and the mortals. That means you Bonnie."

   Stefan nodded while Caroline and Bonnie both scoffed.

   "I can protect myself!" The simultaneously protested. Damon glared at them and they both fell silent at the intensity in Damon's eyes.

   Something wasn't right and he knew it. Usually he wouldn't be so worked up over something happening to Matt because in his eyes, Matt was replaceable. But that was just for him. Matt would not replaceable for Bonnie and right now, Damon's objective was to not allowed Bonnie to get hurt, physically or mentally.

   Katherine and Lexi followed Damon up the stairs using their vampire stealth mode that allowed them to get somewhere without making a single sound. They reached the door of the room that they apparently saw Matt run in earlier today. They all noticed that there was a dark, red liquid substance on the floor. Damon leaned in closer and caught a whiff of the liquid. B positive. It was Mutt's blood!

   Damon hurriedly tried to open the door, but soon realized that there was something heavy blocking it. He used his vampire strength to fully open the door, pushing the heavy thing out of the way.

   The first thing he noticed was a blood-soaked knife resting near the side of the door. His eyes widen and he pushed harder to open the door further.

   When he discovered what was behind the door, his heart froze. Even Katherine was stunned. They all knew what Matt had done. To prove their suspicions, Damon leaned towards Matt and sniff inside of his mouth. The smell of the blood smelt familiar. Vicky! He must have swallowed Vicky's blood and then killed himself! Fucking dumbass.

   "Matt!!??" Damon turned around and saw Bonnie standing there with both her hands to her mouth. He whipped his head towards the two other vampires. Lexi mouthed "I wasn't paying attention" and Katherine just shrugged.

   "Who did this to him!??" She hysterically cried while whipping her head towards all three of them.

   "Baby..." Damon started.

   "JUST TELL ME SO I CAN FUCKING KILL THEM!!" Damon exhaled and stood back up.

   "Baby, it was him."

   "Him, who? Him, Klaus?!" Damon shook his head.

   "He killed himself, Bonnie." Although it was the truth, he regretted saying it. The feeling of Bonnie's sadness hit him like a shovel to the face. Well...the heart.

   "No,nonononono. He's not dead... he can't be!!!"

"In a way, he is." With tears filled eyes, Bonnie looked at Damon confusingly.

"What?" Damon scratched the back of his head and took a step closer to Bonnie.

"Bons, Matt swallowed Vicky's blood before he died." It took a moment for Bonnie to understand what was being said, but when she did get it, she fell to the floor.

"Bonnie what's—," Stefan came in followed by Caroline and Elena and immediately smelt the blood. "Damon what the hell happened?!?" Before Damon could respond, Elena fell to the floor hysterically crying and began clutching on to a bloody Matt. Caroline just stood there shocked at the turn of events.

"He killed himself....but not fully."

"Not fully?!? What does that even mean?!?" Damon gave Stefan a look and Stefan eyes widen.

Damon eyes rested on the bloody knife he had spotted earlier. He picked it up and wipe the blood with the bottom of his shirt.

"Elena, I need you to slit your wrist." She looked up at him, his eyes filled with sadness and anger. "Matt needs to smell your blood so he can wake up." She nodded and Damon handed her the knife.

She shaking placed it on her wrist and made a tiny slit. She bit her bottom lip and made the slit bigger. She winced at the pain and handed the knife back towards Damon. Slowly and hesitantly, she hovered her wrist near Matt's nose and placed it a little bit closer.

Nothing happened at first, but then there was a little twitch in his nose. The next thing Elena knew, she was pressed against the wall closer to them, and Matt was baring his new, white fangs at her. She screamed and started punching at his chest. Stefan whooshed towards Matt, grabbed the back of his shirt and threw him across the other side of the room.

"MATT STOP!!" Bonnie yelled. "YOU ALMOST KILLED ELENA!!!" Matt slowly got back up and he glared at Bonnie with his red eyes.

"I-I need her....blood." He groaned as his hunger grew stronger.

"I don't remember being this psycho when i first turned," Caroline muttered.

"You almost killed a nurse," Damon reminded her.

"Yeah, but I compelled her into forgetting !" Caroline retorted. "Anyways, what do we have to do?"

"Well first things first, we have to give him some blood." Katherine stated. "So when we snap his neck, he won't permanently die."

"We are not snapping his neck!" Elena cried.

"Careful there Dopple, raise your voice again and I might have to kill you." She glared at her, but overall ignored her.

"Well Elena, it's only fair you do it," Damon argued. Elena mouth opened in disbelief.

"Why me?!"

"Cause you're the only mortal left. Besides Bonnie, but I'm not willing to take that risk." He gave her a teasing smile at the end. Elena groaned and slowly made her way towards Matt.

Matt grabbed a hold of her arm and pulled her closer. Stefan step forward just in case he had to attack. But Damon could tell Matt was trying his best not to hurt her. He out his nose toward her neck and gave it a little sniff. Before biting her neck, he gave it a little kiss that Damon winced it. His fangs digged into her neck and Damon was surprised to hear Elena give a satisfy moan. Nevertheless, he smiled at this.

He grabbed Bonnie's hand and walked them both towards to the door, aware that Bonnie was unaware he was doing so because she was focused on the scene before her. He stopped in front of Katherine and told her, "When he's finish, snap his neck and tie him up. We don't need anymore loose vampires." She nodded and gave a mischievous smile. They left without telling the rest of them. There's a lot of crazy shit happening now, and he'll be damn if he would let that take a toll on his Bonbon.