Chapter 2

Kaylee’s P.O.V.

I walked back into the room after hanging up on Jonathan. He was being fucking ridiculous and it was annoying me. “Hey sorry about that.” I apologized to the boys while taking my seat again.

“No problem. Are you okay?” Liam asked a little concern in his voice.

“Oh yeah! I’m fine don’t worry about it.” I reassured the boys.

“Good… so what do you girls want to do today?” Harry asked sitting forward.

“Uh I don’t know!” I shrugged looking over at Riley who was completely zoned out. I slapped her arm and her eyes widened until she realized what was going on. We all laughed at how shocked she looked.

“Riley what do you want to do today?” Harry winked at her causing a slight pink to appear on her cheeks.

“I don’t care! Something fun!” She smiled hopping up and down in her seat. The boys started talking well, more like arguing over what to do. I sat back and sighed sinking down into the comfy sofa. This could take a while.

*12 years earlier*

“Happy 5th birthday Kaylee!” Little Jonathan cooed as he ran up and gave me a hug. “Here’s your present!”

“Thanks Jonathan!” I smiled back at him sitting right down on the dirty floor in my little white dress. I ripped open the wrapping paper revealing a brand new Barbie doll.  “Wow she is so pretty!” I bubbled looking her up and down.

“Yeah just like you!” Jonathan said flashing me a cheeky grin.

“Oh I guess so!” I shrugged peeling at the tape on the box. After about 15 minutes we finally managed to pry the doll out of the box.

“You know Kaylee one day we are going to be in love.” Jonathan says to me. I looked up at him confused.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“I mean one day I am going to ask you to be my girlfriend and we will have what my mommy and daddy have. Love.” He smiled at me.

“Why don’t my mommy and daddy have that?” I asked scrunching my nose up.

“Because your daddy’s in heaven remember?” He said cocking his head to the side causing his brown hair to fall over.

“Oh now I remember.” I mumbled moving the dolls legs back and forth.

“It’s okay though because then we will get married right?” He said tapping my arm.

“I guess we can.” I smiled standing up and dusting myself off.

“Good I can’t wait!” He grabbed my hand and we ran all the way into the room where the was cake.

*8 years later*

“C’mon grab my hand!” Jonathan whispered as he sat atop the fence.

“I don’t think this is a good idea…” I said looking around the dark park.

“C’mon it will be fun! I’ve done it before. You’re 13 grow up!” He said sticking his tongue out at me.

“Whatever.” I huffed grabbing his hand. He pulled me up and he jumped down to the other side and then caught me. I followed him through the dark playground over to the merry -go-round. “Jonathan I want to go home. I don’t like it here!” I said yanking his arm back.

“Stop being such a baby.” He led me to behind the merry-go-round to where there was a group of about 10 or 12 people.

“Aye Johnny!” One of the boys shouted stumbling over. “Whose this hot lady?” He asked eyeing me up and down. I shifted under his gave feeling uncomfortable.