|• chapter - 16 •|

A N N A Y A

Boardings for flights to Islamabad are starting. Please line up at gate 5 near terminal 3...

"Hey, I forgot to get some gum. Come with me." Sara said taking out some money from the bag.

"Dude, you won't die without gum. Where's Ali and Dr. Shehryar? I haven't seen them both." Ahmed asked Sara as I kept on eating my skittles gloomily. This wasn't my day. I hate traveling in an airplane.

"Annayaaaa?!?!" Ahmed whined near my ear making me wince at his ugly voice.

"What?!" I snapped. Smiling smugly he whispered near my ear, "thinking about Dr.Shehryar?". Oh how I would have loved to RIP those eyebrows off of him.

"No! What the hell is wrong with everybody. I hate everything." I cried out of frustration as Sara came forward giving me a comforting hug while Ahmed laughed at me.

"I know I'm miserable thanks." I retorted sniffing.

"Oh we already know that." Ahmed said earning a punch from Sara. 

"What's wrong Annaya? Is something bothering you?" Sara asked politely which led me to cry more. I really wanted to scream at that moment but restrained myself from doing so. Wouldn't want to show everybody that I'm insane too.
You're dumb and deaf too?... Dr.Shehryar's words rang in mind.

"Nothing's wrong. I just-I- HATE flying. I don't want to sit in that stupid box that two stupid people fly. UGH UGH UGH!" I said irritated with my own self.

"You know, there's always a reason why somebody hates something. You clearly have something bigger than hate for that box flying in air-" ahmed said pointing out the window "- which is why you must tell us about your traumatic experience. "

I looked at him wide eyed as I tried to think of an excuse. "What the hell is wrong with you? Who asks somebody that?" Sara argued as I tried to calm myself.

It's okay annaya, it's okay. They don't know. Nobody knows. You're okay. Just breathe. In. Out. In. Out. Slowly. See? It's okay.

As both sara and ahmed bickered among themselves, I calmed my ragged breathing down and then before I could shut them up, somebody else came.

"Well you're stupid–"
"You're mental—"

"Enough. Both of you, shut it." Dr.Shehryar's voice silenced them both, making me look up at him and think, when did he come? How much did he hear? Will he leave me if he heard that I was scared of flying? 

I knew I should've ran away. Ugh, damn it!

"Ali, the tickets?" He asked moving his hand forward. Ali took out 5 tickets and handed them to Dr. Shehryar who then handed them over to us.

"Oh no, I'm 312, who's near me?"
"No, no, no, no. I cannot sit with Ahmed, Ali please change your seat with me."
"Can't, I dont know who'll be next to me, don't want you harmed now do we." Ali smirked at Sara making her make a gagging noise.

While they both bickered, I held my ticket tightly and sat down on the bench with a sigh. This is insane. I won't be able to handle taking a flight and ahhhhhh.

"I'm coming in a minute. " I said and left to get a coffee.

The strong aroma of the the coffee filled ny nose. I wasn't really into drinking strong coffee but right now anything that could make this anxiety lessen is my choice.